• Install stuck on copy xz files from cache

Hi there antergos forum people,

I’ve recently picked up antergos and it looks gorgeous. I tested it out on my new computer (intel core i5 processor, 8GB of ram running a GeForce 770) and it ran smooth and snappy. It was connected through an eithernet port to the internet and it auto-updated the installer and reopened it. I chose the graphical interface and went through the easy install process. I gave it two partitions to use: 100GB ext4 partition was my / and an 8GB swap partition. I then finished the last option of the install process and then it showed me it was copying xz to the partition and remained that way for a good 15 minutes. I then decided something went wrong so I rebooted my computer and the installation and tried to non-graphical install. The same result occurred.

Things to note:
    -I’ve downloaded the latest 64bit image you have available “antergos-2015.01.11-x86_64” through your bittorrent link and have checked it’s integrity (passed).
    -I put the medium onto a 32GB thumb drive that I used for the installation medium
    -I currently have 2 other partitions dedicated to windows 8.1
    -screenshot below

Could someone please help me get your beautiful OS onto my computer by solving my installation problem? I am relatively new to Linux but am willing to do whatever it takes to get you the information you need to help me.

Thanks

James!

• list item[Screenshot from 2015-02-14 14:18:55.png](uploading 100%)
  • Same problem for me.

I’m using Antergos from 1 year ago. I installed it thousand times in diferent computers. Is my first operating system and I’m very happy with it (thanks a lot, guys).

Today i tried to install Antergos in my desktop because I installed a lot of diferent desktops and I want now a fresh install with gnome.

I download the new iso, and the testing iso, with the same problem. In the step “copy xz files from cache” always freeze.

I will tray with cnchi-dev with no results, but I think right now this step is not necesary because is fixed in the new iso images from the oficial Antergos web.

What can I do? Thanks in advance.

• I also can confirm the same issue. Hopefully an update to Cnchi is forthcoming.

• Same here. Tried testing iso aswell, the only difference is that the testing iso says 100% right from the start when stuck in copying xz files from cache. Aside from that it’s always stuck in there.

• Same for me.
    I figured out that the install.antergos.com Server is not delivering the packages-<cnchi-Version>.xml
    I guess this is the main reason. So for xz there are no Data to cops and this breaks the installation.

• I don’t know if the servers are back or if the cnchi 0.6.43-1 update has a bug but i was able to install from the cnchi-dev 0.7.170-1.

• Haha I spent so much time on this issue yesterday. Good to know I’m not just going crazy!

Hopefully it will get fixed soon. In the mean time I’ll try cnchi-dev and see what happens.

EDIT: Well, I’m not having any luck with cnchi-dev 0.7.170-1 either. It’s a different problem, though. Whenever I click next after setting up my disks, the cursor starts spinning and it gets stuck there.

• Same issue here. Is it linked to the new archlinux keys ?

• I’m also having the same problem. cnchi.log ends with the following:

– snip –
    [2015-02-15 16:48:41] [pac.py] DEBUG: Adding splix to transaction
    [2015-02-15 16:48:41] [pac.py] DEBUG: Adding gufw to transaction
    [2015-02-15 16:48:41] [pac.py] DEBUG: Adding ufw to transaction
    [2015-02-15 16:48:41] [pac.py] DEBUG: Adding grub to transaction
    [2015-02-15 16:48:41] [pac.py] DEBUG: Adding os-prober to transaction
    [2015-02-15 16:48:41] [pac.py] DEBUG: Finalize transaction…
    [2015-02-15 16:48:41] [pac.py] ERROR: unresolvable package conflicts detected

Edit: I just tried again with cnchi-dev; no difference, except that the command-line output now ends with this:

– snip –
    [2015-02-15 18:23:36] [pac.py] DEBUG: Adding os-prober to transaction
    [2015-02-15 18:23:36] [pac.py] DEBUG: Finalize transaction…
    TypeError: cb_event() missing 1 required positional argument: 'tupel’
    TypeError: cb_event() missing 1 required positional argument: 'tupel’
    TypeError: cb_event() missing 1 required positional argument: ‘tupel’
    [2015-02-15 18:23:36] [pac.py] ERROR: unresolvable package conflicts detected

• Cnchi v0.6.44 should work. We are tracking the issue here: https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/issues/263

EDIT: The status at this moment is that it should be working. I made a change on the server to circumvent any stale mirror.

• As of 8pm central it seems to be chugging away fine with 0.6.44. Going to go grab food and check up on it soon. Will post an update.

• Just tried out my USB pen again and it works now.

• Sounds good, I will give the install another try. Thanks for getting back to me so fast.

James

• Today with 0.6.44 installer upgrade it works… Thanks !

• Works!!! Thanks so much. Amazing distro. And “pamac” is installed by default. Thanks again!!!

• Well the installer goes though all the way, thanks, but I think I’m one of the folks who is still having the lightdm issue. Following the other thread on it now.

Posts 16Views 5323