• Install stuck on copy xz files from cache

Hi there antergos forum people,

I’ve recently picked up antergos and it looks gorgeous. I tested it out on my new computer (intel core i5 processor, 8GB of ram running a GeForce 770) and it ran smooth and snappy. It was connected through an eithernet port to the internet and it auto-updated the installer and reopened it. I chose the graphical interface and went through the easy install process. I gave it two partitions to use: 100GB ext4 partition was my / and an 8GB swap partition. I then finished the last option of the install process and then it showed me it was copying xz to the partition and remained that way for a good 15 minutes. I then decided something went wrong so I rebooted my computer and the installation and tried to non-graphical install. The same result occurred.

Things to note:
    -I’ve downloaded the latest 64bit image you have available “antergos-2015.01.11-x86_64” through your bittorrent link and have checked it’s integrity (passed).
    -I put the medium onto a 32GB thumb drive that I used for the installation medium
    -I currently have 2 other partitions dedicated to windows 8.1
    -screenshot below

Could someone please help me get your beautiful OS onto my computer by solving my installation problem? I am relatively new to Linux but am willing to do whatever it takes to get you the information you need to help me.

Thanks

James!

• list item[Screenshot from 2015-02-14 14:18:55.png](uploading 100%)
  • Same problem for me.

I’m using Antergos from 1 year ago. I installed it thousand times in diferent computers. Is my first operating system and I’m very happy with it (thanks a lot, guys).

Today i tried to install Antergos in my desktop because I installed a lot of diferent desktops and I want now a fresh install with gnome.

I download the new iso, and the testing iso, with the same problem. In the step “copy xz files from cache” always freeze.

I will tray with cnchi-dev with no results, but I think right now this step is not necesary because is fixed in the new iso images from the oficial Antergos web.

What can I do? Thanks in advance.

• I also can confirm the same issue. Hopefully an update to Cnchi is forthcoming.

• Same here. Tried testing iso aswell, the only difference is that the testing iso says 100% right from the start when stuck in copying xz files from cache. Aside from that it’s always stuck in there.

• Same for me.
    I figured out that the install.antergos.com Server is not delivering the packages-<cnchi-Version>.xml
    I guess this is the main reason. So for xz there are no Data to cops and this breaks the installation.

• I don’t know if the servers are back or if the cnchi 0.6.43-1 update has a bug but i was able to install from the cnchi-dev 0.7.170-1.

• Haha I spent so much time on this issue yesterday. Good to know I’m not just going crazy!

Hopefully it will get fixed soon. In the mean time I’ll try cnchi-dev and see what happens.

EDIT: Well, I’m not having any luck with cnchi-dev 0.7.170-1 either. It’s a different problem, though. Whenever I click next after setting up my disks, the cursor starts spinning and it gets stuck there.

• Same issue here. Is it linked to the new archlinux keys ?

• I’m also having the same problem. cnchi.log ends with the following:

– snip –
    [2015-02-15 16:48:41] [pac.py] DEBUG: Adding splix to transaction
    [2015-02-15 16:48:41] [pac.py] DEBUG: Adding gufw to transaction
    [2015-02-15 16:48:41] [pac.py] DEBUG: Adding ufw to transaction
    [2015-02-15 16:48:41] [pac.py] DEBUG: Adding grub to transaction
    [2015-02-15 16:48:41] [pac.py] DEBUG: Adding os-prober to transaction
    [2015-02-15 16:48:41] [pac.py] DEBUG: Finalize transaction…
    [2015-02-15 16:48:41] [pac.py] ERROR: unresolvable package conflicts detected

Edit: I just tried again with cnchi-dev; no difference, except that the command-line output now ends with this:

– snip –
    [2015-02-15 18:23:36] [pac.py] DEBUG: Adding os-prober to transaction
    [2015-02-15 18:23:36] [pac.py] DEBUG: Finalize transaction…
    TypeError: cb_event() missing 1 required positional argument: ‘tupel’
    [2015-02-15 18:23:36] [pac.py] ERROR: unresolvable package conflicts detected

• Cnchi v0.6.44 should work. We are tracking the issue here: https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/issues/263

EDIT: The status at this moment is that it should be working. I made a change on the server to circumvent any stale mirror.

• As of 8pm central it seems to be chugging away fine with 0.6.44. Going to go grab food and check up on it soon. Will post an update.

• Just tried out my USB pen again and it works now.

• Sounds good, I will give the install another try. Thanks for getting back to me so fast.

James

• Today with 0.6.44 installer upgrade it works… Thanks !

• Works!!! Thanks so much. Amazing distro. And “pamac” is installed by default. Thanks again!!!

• Well the installer goes though all the way, thanks, but I think I’m one of the folks who is still having the lightdm issue. Following the other thread on it now.

Posts 16Views 6404
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.