• Cnchri: Graphical installer crash

Hi,

I’m a new Antergos user. After booting on my live CD, I’ve launched the graphical installer.

However, at screen “Who are you?”, when I’m typing the passwords, the window does not repond at all. I’ve tried to reboot several times, but the same bug appears. Does anyone know what could be the reasons?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oops, I think I’ve missed the right category. Can anyone move this thread? Moreover it looks like some other people had the same problem. I apologize if it is a duplicate!

• Hi,

I’m a new Antergos user. After booting on my live CD, I’ve launched the graphical installer.

However, at screen “Who are you?”, when I’m typing the passwords, the window does not repond at all. I’ve tried to reboot several times, but the same bug appears. Does anyone know what could be the reasons?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oops, I think I’ve missed the right category. Can anyone move this thread? Moreover it looks like some other people had the same problem. I apologize if it is a duplicate!

• I’m not entirely sure what would cause this issue. I do know that there is a newer version of the installer being prepared with quite a few bug fixes. It should be available soon. In the mean time, have you tried using the CLI installer?

• Thanks for your answer.

I’ve tried CLI installer, but, when I select “Auto-Prepare (erases the ENTIRE hard drive)”, the cursor goes in the terminal (not in the installer window anymore). I’ve already waited a long time so far. Does the system expect a particular input?

• If you have gone through each step (setting the locale, time, etc) and then select the Auto-Prepare option the cursor should only disappear for a second or two before asking you if you want GPT or MBR partitions. Most users would stay with MBR by selecting “NO” and then it will ask you to set your /boot size. I took some screenshots of what you should be seeing. It’s possible that your iso is corrupted and is a good idea to try and download a new copy. Does it stop responding if you choose to partition the drive using gparted?

This prompt is displayed after selecting Auto-Prepare.
    [img:3pmqbkyu]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60521097/Antergos/screen1.png[/img:3pmqbkyu]

And here is the next screen after you select “NO”
    [img:3pmqbkyu]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60521097/Antergos/screen2.png[/img:3pmqbkyu]

Posts 5Views 1205