• Pacman does not show details of "Retrieving packages"

Just moved from Arch to Antergos. I notice that pacman does not show progress bars when “Retrieving packages”.

How do I enable that?

For example install of packages looks like this:

Total Download Size: 41.49 MiB
    Total Installed Size: 710.14 MiB
    Net Upgrade Size: 437.98 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
    [b:rl04kqbw]:: Retrieving packages …[/b:rl04kqbw]
    (15/15) checking keys in keyring [######################################################################################################] 100%
    (15/15) checking package integrity

But in Arch it shows the download progress of each package. Where as with Antergos there just this long pause after it says “Retrieving packages” and once they have been downloaded behind the scene (without the usual download progress bar for each package), then it starts to install.

• Just moved from Arch to Antergos. I notice that pacman does not show progress bars when “Retrieving packages”.

How do I enable that?

For example install of packages looks like this:

Total Download Size: 41.49 MiB
    Total Installed Size: 710.14 MiB
    Net Upgrade Size: 437.98 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
    [b:rl04kqbw]:: Retrieving packages …[/b:rl04kqbw]
    (15/15) checking keys in keyring [######################################################################################################] 100%
    (15/15) checking package integrity

But in Arch it shows the download progress of each package. Where as with Antergos there just this long pause after it says “Retrieving packages” and once they have been downloaded behind the scene (without the usual download progress bar for each package), then it starts to install.

Posts 2Views 1051