• \[Solved\] difference between pacmanxg from official repo and aur ?

Hi to all, I’m looking in to upgrade pacmanxg, I see there is a more up to date version through the official repo but I see users get the aur version, so which is best?
    I still have to upgrade pacman to 4.2, should I do that first?

• Hi to all, I’m looking in to upgrade pacmanxg, I see there is a more up to date version through the official repo but I see users get the aur version, so which is best?
    I still have to upgrade pacman to 4.2, should I do that first?

• They both are same.

The pacmanxg in ‘official’ repo is in the Antergos repo.
    Why most arch users use the aur version is because they don’t have the antergos repo. and pacmanxg is no-where in any of ‘official’ arch repo.

The Antergos server automatically builds and updates the pacmanxg in its repo whenever its AUR PKGBUILD updates.

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• @“Yash”:4ib6emis said:

They both are same.

The pacmanxg in ‘official’ repo is in the Antergos repo.
    Why most arch users use the aur version is because they don’t have the antergos repo. and pacmanxg is no-where in any of ‘official’ arch repo.

The Antergos server automatically builds and updates the pacmanxg in its repo whenever its AUR PKGBUILD updates.[/quote:4ib6emis]

Ok got it, so the version number of the antergos repo (4.16.2-4) doesn’t reflect the aur one (4.16.2-2) ?
    That’s a bit wierd

Thanks

• @"\\chakra//":3cx0cq23 said:

Ok got it, so the version number of the antergos repo (4.16.2-4) doesn’t reflect the aur one (4.16.2-2) ?[/quote:3cx0cq23]
    The version number is everything that appears before the hyphen. The number that appears after the hyphen is related to packaging and has nothing to do with the source code of the application itself.

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:2gvfnoko said:

@"\\chakra//":2gvfnoko said:

Ok got it, so the version number of the antergos repo (4.16.2-4) doesn’t reflect the aur one (4.16.2-2) ?[/quote:2gvfnoko]
    The version number is everything that appears before the hyphen. The number that appears after the hyphen is related to packaging and has nothing to do with the source code of the application itself.

Cheers![/quote:2gvfnoko]

Got it this time.

Thank you lots.0.logs

• You’re welcome

Posts 7Views 1702