• Not able to use AUR in PacmanXG

Hi,

I am relatively new to Antergos. I have been using PackmanXG for pacman installs but I’m not able to get it to work for AUR. I can search for applications but when I get to installing them nothing happens and there’s an X next to the application in the install history. Is it something I need to enable or configure to have PacmanXG work with AUR?

//Christian

• Hi,

I am relatively new to Antergos. I have been using PackmanXG for pacman installs but I’m not able to get it to work for AUR. I can search for applications but when I get to installing them nothing happens and there’s an X next to the application in the install history. Is it something I need to enable or configure to have PacmanXG work with AUR?

//Christian

• Hi,

Did you install with the AUR option on? If not, check that you have base-devel and yaourt installed.

Also, there was an update in pacman that broke using yaourt with su (switch user) so pacmanxg stopped working with AUR. I don’t know if this was fixed or it’s still an issue (sorry, I do not use pacmanxg).

Cheers!

• Hi,

Thanks! I think the the second option you mentioned is the correct one since I now see an error message for the failed install saying: ==> WARNING: makepkg dropped --asroot support, please run yaourt as a non-privileged user.

I guess I can’t use PacmanXG for the time being. What is the best GUI application for doing both pacman and AUR?

//Christian

• @“cdysthe”:2yfubo20 said:

please run yaourt as a non-privileged user.

I guess I can’t use PacmanXG for the time being. What is the best GUI application for doing both pacman and AUR?[/quote:2yfubo20]
    Οf course you can. Just enter PacmanXG as “current user”.
    ***For me, the best alternative is using this command in terminal, which takes care of almost everything (mirror & data basis sync, updates, upgrades)

yaourt -Syyua

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Hi,

Sorry for not getting this, how and where do I add PacmanXG as “current user”?

//Christian

• at the very beginning, when you are prompted to enter the password. Read the options there and you’ll see that one at the bottom

BTW, George Pantelis’ solution works fine to me too

• Thanks. I see that now. I used the terminal on Ubuntu for apt, so I guess I will get used to it on Antergos also when I know my way around.

//Christian

• There’s also Pamac available in our repo as an alternative GUI option.

Cheers!

• @"George said:

***For me, the best alternative is using this command in terminal, which takes care of almost everything (mirror & data basis sync, updates, upgrades)

yaourt -Syyua

You are right. yaourt in a terminal seems the best way to go. I have been reading up on yaourt but I can’t find out exactly what your command:

yaourt -Syyua

does compared to the full update/upgrade command in the yaourt documentation:

yaourt -Syu --devel --aur

//Christian

• Good question. Can anyone explain?

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @“lots.0.logs”:16m0q19c said:

There’s also Pamac available in our repo as an alternative GUI option.

Cheers![/quote:16m0q19c]

ive used pamac before and its pretty good. also installs the update manager to look for updates.

Posts 12Views 3113