• Graphical tearning/big black patches in Chromium \[SOLVED\]

Hello, I liked Antergos so much in VirtualBox that I decided to install it on my netbook, an Acer Aspire One 722. Almost everything seems to be working, but I can’t run Chromium — every time I launch it, there are large black spots and tears like this:
    [img:34gqnn7o]http://s2.postimg.org/vsyudbo4p/antergos_20150115_chromium_issue.png[/img:34gqnn7o]
    What’s more, they don’t stay still, but keep moving around to different spots, never the same thing twice, and it renders the browser unusable. I’m using Firefox now, and it has no problems, but I prefer Chromium and would like to use it if the issue is solvable. Chromium is the only program this happens to; every other program I launch runs fine so far. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anybody have any ideas as to how to fix it?

Thanks.

• Hello, I liked Antergos so much in VirtualBox that I decided to install it on my netbook, an Acer Aspire One 722. Almost everything seems to be working, but I can’t run Chromium — every time I launch it, there are large black spots and tears like this:
    [img:34gqnn7o]http://s2.postimg.org/vsyudbo4p/antergos_20150115_chromium_issue.png[/img:34gqnn7o]
    What’s more, they don’t stay still, but keep moving around to different spots, never the same thing twice, and it renders the browser unusable. I’m using Firefox now, and it has no problems, but I prefer Chromium and would like to use it if the issue is solvable. Chromium is the only program this happens to; every other program I launch runs fine so far. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anybody have any ideas as to how to fix it?

Thanks.

• Thats weird.
    ‘Chromium’s black spots of death’ xD

BTW I never faced anything like this.
    and I don’t have any idea how this can be solved. Lets wait for the devs to reply.

If your Antergos is 64bit, you may use opera for the time being as the underlying webkit used is same in both of these browsers.

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• IIRC Aspire One 722 have intel gpu. Show as your [i:38my9rt5]pacman -Q | grep intel[/i:38my9rt5]. I found this topic[/url:38my9rt5]- maybe it’s gonna be helpful.

• Thanks for the replies. Here’s something mighty odd. I installed Opera as suggested above, to try it out. Turns out that only the 64-bit version of Opera is the latest version using the Blink engine like Chrome/Chromium. My netbook is a 32-bit machine, and the 32-bit version of Opera is an older version using the Presto engine. But here’s the thing. After installing Opera, Chromium now works. I found this out because I accidentally launched Chromium by clicking the wrong spot on the menu — I though “whoops, let’s try that again”, but then I saw that it fired up and started working just fine, all the tearing and black patches gone!

So once again, I find myself in a spot where I no longer have my problem so I feel like I have to mark my thread as solved, but at the same time I still remail utterly baffled as to WHY and HOW my problem is solved. Anyway, seems I’m good now.

• I saw this post and realized I had the same problem with Chrome with KDE 5. I installed Opera. It works fine. Firefox works fine. And now Chrome appears to work fine without any tearing or crashing.

Strange.

Posts 6Views 1603