• Applying LVM/LUKS to Antergos in a Multiboot Setup

Could anyone kindly give me clear instructions on setting up LVM/LUKS similar to Antergos’ automated installation?

I’d like to get a few different images going on a single HDD and I’d like to apply LVM/LUKS only to my Antergos partitions. I’ve glanced over the Arch wiki pages, but there are so many different setups that I figured I’d get better help asking for simpler instructions to mimic Antergos’ method.

• Could anyone kindly give me clear instructions on setting up LVM/LUKS similar to Antergos’ automated installation?

I’d like to get a few different images going on a single HDD and I’d like to apply LVM/LUKS only to my Antergos partitions. I’ve glanced over the Arch wiki pages, but there are so many different setups that I figured I’d get better help asking for simpler instructions to mimic Antergos’ method.

• Hi,

It’s not an easy task. What exactly do you want to do? First, you have to understand if you want to do LUKS+LVM or LVM+LUKS ;)

Explain your partition table and comment with us what are your goals.

Thanks!

• @“karasu”:228nyent said:

Hi,

It’s not an easy task. What exactly do you want to do? First, you have to understand if you want to do LUKS+LVM or LVM+LUKS ;)

Explain your partition table and comment with us what are your goals.

Thanks![/quote:228nyent]
    I am unsure of which order of LVM/LUKS I’d like to do; however I was happy with the way Antergos’ automated method handled it, which is why I’m asking for help figuring it out.

Essentially what I’d like to do is, have something like Ubuntu or Debian set up ahead of time, followed by Antergos which I’d like secure and encrypted, and then free space on the end for spending time here and there with other distros.

Partition table would be something like…

/boot  
    >   
    > /root (Ubuntu)  
    > /home (Ubuntu)  
    > /swap (Ubuntu/Misc Distro)  
    >   
    > LVM/LUKS  
    > |--\> /root (Antergos)  
    > |--\> /home (Antergos)  
    > |--\> /swap (Antergos)  
    >   
    > /root (Misc Distro)