• I see that KDE is now offered, I have questions...

Is there a list of packages that are pulled in with kde as the choice you select?
    or can someone tell me how much of kde is installed?
    I have a working xfce install , but my computer is a tri-core 2.1ghz w/6 gigs ram I know it can handle kde.
    But I’m just wondering how much will be pulled in. Thanks for any help/info in advance.

• Is there a list of packages that are pulled in with kde as the choice you select?
    or can someone tell me how much of kde is installed?
    I have a working xfce install , but my computer is a tri-core 2.1ghz w/6 gigs ram I know it can handle kde.
    But I’m just wondering how much will be pulled in. Thanks for any help/info in advance.

• not sure what>…how much of kde is installed?..
    means. freshly installed antergos-kde accupies 6,5G on a partition. the number of packages installed is

$ pacman -Q | wc -l  
    $ 

about 10 of them were installed by hand.

• Do you (or anyone reading this) feel that a tri-core 2.1ghz w/6 gigs of ram is sufficient to run antergos-kde w/ no problems or issues from your experience? ( ( know kde is just getting better and better, regarding bugs, and everything playing nicely together as not to cause slow downs, freezes, etc…)

• i don’t have computers below i5. on i5 with 4G ram kde literally flies. in last year or two kde has made huge steps ahead in terms of speed, smoothness, stability. i know many people with far weaker boxes than i5, and all of them are very satisfied with modern kde. it runs equally well and fast in any distro now. then, this is arch, the fastest distro on earth

i’d say that if you have a spare partition, it definitely worth’s a try. you won’t be disappointed.

Posts 5Views 1271