• Unable to unzip anything \[SOLVED\]

Hello,

I’ve just installed Antergos from the new 2015.01.11 ISO, and it mostly seems to be working nicely, except I can’t unzip anything. Pacman says that unzip is installed, but when I double-click on a .zip file, nothing happens. Likewise if I right click on a .zip file, there are options “Extract here” and “Extract to…” in the menu that appears, but nothing happens when I choose one of those options. I tried installing p7zip to see if that would do anything, but it doesn’t work either; when I right click on the .zip file I get an option “Open with 7-Zip FM”, but again nothing happens when I select it. Can anybody help me figure out why I can’t open or extract anything?

• Hello,

I’ve just installed Antergos from the new 2015.01.11 ISO, and it mostly seems to be working nicely, except I can’t unzip anything. Pacman says that unzip is installed, but when I double-click on a .zip file, nothing happens. Likewise if I right click on a .zip file, there are options “Extract here” and “Extract to…” in the menu that appears, but nothing happens when I choose one of those options. I tried installing p7zip to see if that would do anything, but it doesn’t work either; when I right click on the .zip file I get an option “Open with 7-Zip FM”, but again nothing happens when I select it. Can anybody help me figure out why I can’t open or extract anything?

• That’s odd. You can try file-roller app, it’s the default in Gnome

• Hi,

Which desktop environment did you choose?

• Hi, I’m using Xfce. It turns out that installing file-roller as suggested above solved the problem, so I’m marking the thread as solved, although I remain puzzled as to why the built-in tools in Xfce didn’t work.

Posts 5Views 2325
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.