• Spotify crashes X server?

Hi all,

I’ve just stumbled upon a pretty weird error while running Spotify. When I click on a playlist from the left hand side menu the screen goes black and then the login menu appears.

I’ve looked through the logs (attached) and it seems X server is crashing for some reason. I don’t know much about X server, so I’m stumped.

What makes this really weird is that I ran a full upgrade in the morning, and then used Spotify for several hours (clicking on the playlist links a bunch of times) without any trouble at all. Now X crashes every single time I launch Spotify and click on a playlist - clicking on anything else, playing music etc works just fine.

Any ideas / suggestions greatly appreciated.

• Hi all,

I’ve just stumbled upon a pretty weird error while running Spotify. When I click on a playlist from the left hand side menu the screen goes black and then the login menu appears.

I’ve looked through the logs (attached) and it seems X server is crashing for some reason. I don’t know much about X server, so I’m stumped.

What makes this really weird is that I ran a full upgrade in the morning, and then used Spotify for several hours (clicking on the playlist links a bunch of times) without any trouble at all. Now X crashes every single time I launch Spotify and click on a playlist - clicking on anything else, playing music etc works just fine.

Any ideas / suggestions greatly appreciated.

• Huh. That seems to have stopped happening now, and I haven’t done anything in particular to get it to work. Restarts, reinstalling Spotify along with all temp files, and so on didn’t work before.

Anyone encountered anything similar?

Posts 3Views 982