• \[solved\] emergency mode and system logs

After about 8 months my system no longer boots into the gui. Instead it goes into emergency mode. First and foremost is how do I port my log files to paste bin from emergency mode. Such as journalctl -xb and journalctl -b.

• After about 8 months my system no longer boots into the gui. Instead it goes into emergency mode. First and foremost is how do I port my log files to paste bin from emergency mode. Such as journalctl -xb and journalctl -b.

• Hi,

What was the last actions you performed before this started happening? Install/Remove any packages? Made changes to any system config files? In emergency mode you do not have a network connection so you won’t be able to send the logs to any pastebin services. You could copy the logs onto a usb flash drive if you have one and then use another pc to post them online. Try editing the kernel boot command by pressing " e " when grub appears. Find the line that starts with this:

linux /vmlinuz-linux root=UUID=...

Remove the word “quiet” from that line and then add the following:

If your system is able to boot into multiuser mode you will have a network connection (if you are using wifi you'll have to configure your connection--see the arch wiki for details). You can gather the logs by following the instructions on the How To Obtain Logs Announcement post. Then use one of the command line pastebin clients to publish them online:sudo pacman -S pastebinit  
    --OR--  
    sudo pacman -S wgetpaste

Best Regards,

• Sorry I had a problem finding this post again. One of the errors stated were
    dependency failed for /home
    /home fail to mount

dependency failed for Local File System
    and I think it said file system may be corrupt.
    At any rate I used gparted to repair the file system on /home and it solved the problem.

Posts 4Views 1103