• Remove the login box and directly start xbmc/kodi

Hello there! First time here :)
    I have the following question: i mostly use my linux box as a media server with kodi (ex xbmc). I initially configured antergos to run a login manager on startup (i think it’s GDB but i’m not sure), from which i set kodi as the desktop environment, enter user and password and log in.

Now i’d like to skip the login (as it wastes time and forces me to have the keyboard around) and land on kodi directly when i start the machine. How to?

BTW as far as i see, antergos is great! thanks!

• Hello there! First time here :)
    I have the following question: i mostly use my linux box as a media server with kodi (ex xbmc). I initially configured antergos to run a login manager on startup (i think it’s GDB but i’m not sure), from which i set kodi as the desktop environment, enter user and password and log in.

Now i’d like to skip the login (as it wastes time and forces me to have the keyboard around) and land on kodi directly when i start the machine. How to?

BTW as far as i see, antergos is great! thanks!

• Google up OpenELEC.

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• thanks, i never heard of it. anyway, i’d prefer to have a full blown linux, i’m also hosting some random stuff that i play with (webserver, development tool, owncloud etc)

• Alright.
    The display manager is LightDM
    and the thing you are looking for is this.[/url:1tf8038w]

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Thanks, that’s exacly what i needed!
    one question: i haven’t been able to use the autologin-user-timeout parameter, which would set a delay before autologin (so that i could, for example, login to gnome if i need a desktop). It looks like the timeout doesn’t work, it just stay at the login screen indefinitely and never autologin. I’ve found [this bug[/url:838bv5ux] which looks like it… maybe it’s still unresolved. Do you know anything about this?

Thanks again :)]0

Posts 6Views 2709