• Persistent live boot

I 'm working as a pc-technician. I made myself a fast-botting DOS-USB-stick. With tools and BIOS updates for the models im fixing. For testing purposes I need a live boot os from time to time. I got Windows PE (sucks) and Linuxmint (persistent, live iso). Since I’m using Antergos for a while now on my Desktop and my notebook, I would like to replace Linuxmint with Antergos. A full installation on USB is no option, I need Fat32 for dos and Uefi and don’t want to frickle with more than one part on usb. Also I need persistence to store my settings and some scripts.

Is this possible? Thx in advance.

This is how I boot Mint (lst-file, Grub4Dos):

map /SYSTEM/ISO/LinuxMint.iso (0xff) || map --mem /SYSTEM/ISO/LinuxMint.iso (0xff)
    map --hook
    root (0xff)
    kernel /casper/vmlinuz noprompt boot=casper persistent iso-scan/filename=/SYSTEM/ISO/LinuxMint.iso locale=de_DE console-setup/layoutcode=de
    initrd /casper/initrd.lz

• I 'm working as a pc-technician. I made myself a fast-botting DOS-USB-stick. With tools and BIOS updates for the models im fixing. For testing purposes I need a live boot os from time to time. I got Windows PE (sucks) and Linuxmint (persistent, live iso). Since I’m using Antergos for a while now on my Desktop and my notebook, I would like to replace Linuxmint with Antergos. A full installation on USB is no option, I need Fat32 for dos and Uefi and don’t want to frickle with more than one part on usb. Also I need persistence to store my settings and some scripts.

Is this possible? Thx in advance.

This is how I boot Mint (lst-file, Grub4Dos):

map /SYSTEM/ISO/LinuxMint.iso (0xff) || map --mem /SYSTEM/ISO/LinuxMint.iso (0xff)
    map --hook
    root (0xff)
    kernel /casper/vmlinuz noprompt boot=casper persistent iso-scan/filename=/SYSTEM/ISO/LinuxMint.iso locale=de_DE console-setup/layoutcode=de
    initrd /casper/initrd.lz

• nobody with an idea?

• Hi,

The boot parameters for for persistence can be found here: [https://projects.archlinux.org/archiso.git/tree/docs/README.bootparams][0]">[https://projects.archlinux.org/archiso][1]. … bootparams

Hope it helps!

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://projects.archlinux.org/archiso

• Thanks, I read and played a bit. It works great for now. If someone is interested, this is my lst - entry for grub4dos:

map /system/iso/antergos.iso (0xff)
    map --hook
    root (0xff)
    kernel /arch/boot/vmlinuz archisolabel=ANTERGOS img_label=ADBT img_loop=/system/iso/antergos.iso lang=de keymap=de-latin1 copytoram earlymodules=loop
    initrd /arch/boot/archiso.img
    boot

ANTERGOS is the name of the image mounted volume
    ADBT is the name of the volume of my usb device
    system/iso/antergos is the path to the iso file

2 Things remain:

1. I would love to have a full german localisation in the live session, or at least a german keyboard layout. I tryed different options, but none of them seems to work.

2. Is there a way to disable the welcome screen (cnchi)?

Posts 5Views 3040
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.