• Persistent live boot

I 'm working as a pc-technician. I made myself a fast-botting DOS-USB-stick. With tools and BIOS updates for the models im fixing. For testing purposes I need a live boot os from time to time. I got Windows PE (sucks) and Linuxmint (persistent, live iso). Since I’m using Antergos for a while now on my Desktop and my notebook, I would like to replace Linuxmint with Antergos. A full installation on USB is no option, I need Fat32 for dos and Uefi and don’t want to frickle with more than one part on usb. Also I need persistence to store my settings and some scripts.

Is this possible? Thx in advance.

This is how I boot Mint (lst-file, Grub4Dos):

map /SYSTEM/ISO/LinuxMint.iso (0xff) || map --mem /SYSTEM/ISO/LinuxMint.iso (0xff)
    map --hook
    root (0xff)
    kernel /casper/vmlinuz noprompt boot=casper persistent iso-scan/filename=/SYSTEM/ISO/LinuxMint.iso locale=de_DE console-setup/layoutcode=de
    initrd /casper/initrd.lz

• I 'm working as a pc-technician. I made myself a fast-botting DOS-USB-stick. With tools and BIOS updates for the models im fixing. For testing purposes I need a live boot os from time to time. I got Windows PE (sucks) and Linuxmint (persistent, live iso). Since I’m using Antergos for a while now on my Desktop and my notebook, I would like to replace Linuxmint with Antergos. A full installation on USB is no option, I need Fat32 for dos and Uefi and don’t want to frickle with more than one part on usb. Also I need persistence to store my settings and some scripts.

Is this possible? Thx in advance.

This is how I boot Mint (lst-file, Grub4Dos):

map /SYSTEM/ISO/LinuxMint.iso (0xff) || map --mem /SYSTEM/ISO/LinuxMint.iso (0xff)
    map --hook
    root (0xff)
    kernel /casper/vmlinuz noprompt boot=casper persistent iso-scan/filename=/SYSTEM/ISO/LinuxMint.iso locale=de_DE console-setup/layoutcode=de
    initrd /casper/initrd.lz

• nobody with an idea?

• Hi,

The boot parameters for for persistence can be found here: [https://projects.archlinux.org/archiso.git/tree/docs/README.bootparams][0]">[https://projects.archlinux.org/archiso][1]. … bootparams

Hope it helps!

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://projects.archlinux.org/archiso

• Thanks, I read and played a bit. It works great for now. If someone is interested, this is my lst - entry for grub4dos:

map /system/iso/antergos.iso (0xff)
    map --hook
    root (0xff)
    kernel /arch/boot/vmlinuz archisolabel=ANTERGOS img_label=ADBT img_loop=/system/iso/antergos.iso lang=de keymap=de-latin1 copytoram earlymodules=loop
    initrd /arch/boot/archiso.img
    boot

ANTERGOS is the name of the image mounted volume
    ADBT is the name of the volume of my usb device
    system/iso/antergos is the path to the iso file

2 Things remain:

1. I would love to have a full german localisation in the live session, or at least a german keyboard layout. I tryed different options, but none of them seems to work.

2. Is there a way to disable the welcome screen (cnchi)?

Posts 5Views 2439