• \[solved\] broadcom-wl update problem

this is not pacman/yaourt problem but an Upgrade issue

I need [broadcom-wl[/url:m2v8d6fh] from AUR for my broadcom 4313 card. But with the last update[b:m2v8d6fh], linux>=3.10[/b:m2v8d6fh] (available on testing) is required but we are on 3.9 so I cant use it yet.

brcmsmac is not an option. I get ramdom kernel panics regardless any config I try (blacklisting modules, init config, …) Broadcom-wl worked flawlessly [b:m2v8d6fh]untill last update[/b:m2v8d6fh]

There are more broadcom-wl modules available https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&K=broadcom-wl but I dont know[b:m2v8d6fh] if it is safe (system stability related) [/b:m2v8d6fh]to try using some of them on my Antergos system

My question is, how long does usually take a kernel jump from testing to stable? If it is just few days then I’ll wait till then.
    If it takes longer then I’d like to know if you could my advice about using any of the other broadcom-wl “flavours”.

thanks]0

• this is not pacman/yaourt problem but an Upgrade issue

I need [broadcom-wl[/url:m2v8d6fh] from AUR for my broadcom 4313 card. But with the last update[b:m2v8d6fh], linux>=3.10[/b:m2v8d6fh] (available on testing) is required but we are on 3.9 so I cant use it yet.

brcmsmac is not an option. I get ramdom kernel panics regardless any config I try (blacklisting modules, init config, …) Broadcom-wl worked flawlessly [b:m2v8d6fh]untill last update[/b:m2v8d6fh]

There are more broadcom-wl modules available https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&K=broadcom-wl but I dont know[b:m2v8d6fh] if it is safe (system stability related) [/b:m2v8d6fh]to try using some of them on my Antergos system

My question is, how long does usually take a kernel jump from testing to stable? If it is just few days then I’ll wait till then.
    If it takes longer then I’d like to know if you could my advice about using any of the other broadcom-wl “flavours”.

thanks]0

• Antergos is developed to be a ready to use arch installation. Because it stays so close to its Arch base, it’s safe to follow any tips you find in the Arch wiki for trying other modules. There should not be any harmful affects to your system to worry about. As far as the kernel goes, I am unsure of the timeline but I can tell you that kernel updates are pushed out pretty frequently. Another option is to enable the testing repo, install the newer kernel, and then disable that repo. Let me know if I can provide any other assistance!

• thanks

I’ll wait for kernel update because
    i. I’ve ethernet and mobile connection anyway
    ii. I cant afford waste my (precious

thanks again

EDIT
    finally I’ve installed[b:t4s0u186] broadcom-wl-dkms[/b:t4s0u186] package from AUR
    so far works fine

I got something inside itching me

• Glad to hear you got it working. I think everyone gets that itch sometimes lol

• don’t forget to mark solved!

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

Posts 6Views 1771