• What do I need to know to safe upgrade?

Hi, I am a new user. I like Antergos but because I am a newbie I am always afraid when I try to upgrade my system.
    I usually do this with:

yaourt -Syua

I now that AUR is not ufficially supported, but I need it for some applications.
    My question is: "what do I need to study/know to be sure to not break up my system during the upgrade?"
    I try to make attention on the log during the installation, but, today for example, I did non receive any message upgrading pacman… and then I had problem with yaourt and package-query.
    How could I now that I would have this problem (or similar)?
    Should I know all possible dependencies by mind???
    I solved it after a bit time reading the solution here in the forum… but I would like to become more independent.
    Thank you.

• Hi, I am a new user. I like Antergos but because I am a newbie I am always afraid when I try to upgrade my system.
    I usually do this with:

yaourt -Syua

I now that AUR is not ufficially supported, but I need it for some applications.
    My question is: "what do I need to study/know to be sure to not break up my system during the upgrade?"
    I try to make attention on the log during the installation, but, today for example, I did non receive any message upgrading pacman… and then I had problem with yaourt and package-query.
    How could I now that I would have this problem (or similar)?
    Should I know all possible dependencies by mind???
    I solved it after a bit time reading the solution here in the forum… but I would like to become more independent.
    Thank you.

• before each upgrade, I read the news on the website archlinux

• haha i never read it. i just update blind since early in the year and no problems. if you have any problems just read the recent topics in this forum and you will probably see the answer.

i just use pacmanXG for all my updates.

• [http://forum.antergos.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics][0]">search.php?search_id=active_topics

bookmark that. i remember being all worried about arch. people saying it was so unstable and be careful its gonna break when you update. man its been rock solid! ive ran in to a few small problems with updates but overall its been smooth.

in my same time with manjaro i prob did 2 clean installs after some update breaking my system. not saying manjaro is unstable but thats just been my experience.

[0]: <a href=

• Thank you guys…
    Just one other question… is it better to use pacman or yaourt to upgrade the system?

Posts 6Views 1358