• OpenRC

I don`t know about you guys but i have some concerns about systemd…

How does it feel the possibility to use OpenRC by default on Antergos? Its something different that could possibly atract more users! :D

• I don`t know about you guys but i have some concerns about systemd…

How does it feel the possibility to use OpenRC by default on Antergos? Its something different that could possibly atract more users! :D

• I think its safe to say that’s not going to happen. Sorry! At this point it makes no sense for a distribution not to adopt systemd because it would require a great deal of effort in regards to packaging–effort that could be put into other areas of the distribution. Of course, that’s just my opinion

Cheers!

• You need to start loving Systemd.

SystemD is so much fun, man.

• I agree with @lots.0.logs systemD is actually pretty good, there is a lot of unjustified hate against it.

@“m4th3us”:juvauqji said:

Its something different that could possibly atract more users! :D[/quote:juvauqji]
    I honestly doubt that. The majority of users in the community don’t really care what the init system is as long as it is good. systemD is in fact a good system so I don’t see how appealing to the “change is bad” crowd is going to bring in many users, a few probably but not enough to justify the work.

Posts 5Views 2462
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.