• Pamac instead of PacmanXG

Hello, ive tried to install pamac as my main package manager GUI but whenever I try to start pamac it just doesn’t do anything. I looked into the logs and it is giving out the following error:

pamac-manager: error while loading shared libraries: libalpm.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks

• Hello, ive tried to install pamac as my main package manager GUI but whenever I try to start pamac it just doesn’t do anything. I looked into the logs and it is giving out the following error:

pamac-manager: error while loading shared libraries: libalpm.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks

• It means your system isn’t updated.

Do this in terminal
    [command:1vq5vtkq]sudo pacman -Syyu[/command:1vq5vtkq]
    and let it fully complete!

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Thanks for the response Yash but I think that the pamac package in the antergos repo needs updating as pacman is now using libalpm.so.9 but pamac is looking for libalpm.so.8.

sudo pacman -Syyu did not do anything as my system is completely upto date.

• Actually, pamac itself requires updates to its code to work with the new changes in pacman. Until its developers make the changes, Pamac will not work on Antergos/Arch I’m afraid.

Best Regards,

• Thanks for the response lots.0.logs. Now pacmanXG’s icon has disappeared altogether and i can not run it. I can install and use the AUR version ok but the one in the repos just will not display a launch icon, i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing.

• There were a few packaging changes that I missed. I just pushed a new package that is finally working. It may take a an hour or two to show up on all the mirrors though.

• Ok lots.0.logs! Thanks!

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• I have created bug report at pamac github:
    [url:2uwpexza]https://github.com/manjaro/pamac/issues/12[/url:2uwpexza]

Posts 9Views 3337