• Why not be just a installer?

Hey guys, first of all, i respect your work and i’d used Antergos 6 months without problems…

But here is my sugestion, why make a distro? why not just make installer that works for Arch Linux? maybe if you guys focus on the installer and forget about distro it could work!

i’d waited 3 months for Cnchi that works and nothing…

I can’t live in a perfect system that if stop working there’s no installer that put it back on!

If the whole work making the distro its difficult, just make some installer to use on pure Arch, and when its working you can make some distro!

Thanks

• Hey guys, first of all, i respect your work and i’d used Antergos 6 months without problems…

But here is my sugestion, why make a distro? why not just make installer that works for Arch Linux? maybe if you guys focus on the installer and forget about distro it could work!

i’d waited 3 months for Cnchi that works and nothing…

I can’t live in a perfect system that if stop working there’s no installer that put it back on!

If the whole work making the distro its difficult, just make some installer to use on pure Arch, and when its working you can make some distro!

Thanks

• I’d say most people wouldn’t want to have to re-install their entire system and lose all of their data for some small issue that could be fixed otherwise. There are archlinux installers if that’s what you are looking for. Maybe you could post some information on the issues you are having with cinchi and someone can try to assist you.

gmail: [email protected]
    irc: [email protected]

• Hi m4th3us,

I agree with Detrimental. Have you tested the latest Cnchi? I think it’s 0.6.31

Please, run it using -dv as a parameter and post the log here, so we can see what’s wrong.

Thanks!!

• I will try it…

But is my last chance to Antergos…

I’m still testing, but for start i really liked that auto update at start ( antergos-2014.12.19-x86_64.iso )

• I’m finishing installation on real machine, it would be very nice this suggestion:

[http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2590][0]">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2590

"It would be interesting cnchi have a full installation progress bar in addition to the package installation bar.

I usually do not pay attention to this detailbut today I reinstall and my connection is very slow, so the process is well-consuming and do not know exactly the progress of the installation."

My connection is also slow and its not something that needs to be done for now, but its a great idea for the future!

“Just a suggestion, I think that will leave more complete,wanted to know also the installation slides can be internationalized, if there is any way to translate would be cool”

If you guys need help, i’m Brazilian and wanna help this project, this can be some way to do it

[0]: <a href=

• Hi,

The global progress bar is already done in our development version, you’ll have to wait a bit until we release Cnchi 0.8 series.

About the installation slides, they’re just images, so as it is right now it’s impossible to translate. Maybe we come up with an idea…

As always, thanks for your feedback.

• @“karasu”:12jysuy8 said:

About the installation slides, they’re just images, so as it is right now it’s impossible to translate. Maybe we come up with an idea…[/quote:12jysuy8]
    Transifex + Imagemagick script = BAM!

Personal: http://michaeltunnell.com
    Business: http://visuex.com

Posts 8Views 1781