• 32b vs 64b \[SOLVED\]

I just started a Live USB stick with a - I believe - 64b version of Antergos accidentally on a

DELL VOSTRO 200
    Intel Celeron CPU
    420 @ 1.60 GHz
    1.6Ghz, 1.99 GB RAM

I assume that this machine is a 32 bit machine. The live demo worked perfectly fine to the extend tested.

1 - How can I identify which Antergos life version (32b or 64b) is installed on my USB stick?
    2 - How can I identify which Antergos version (32b or 64b) is installed on a PC?
    3 - Can it be possible to run a 64b Antergos live version can run on the above-mentioned DELL machine?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• I just started a Live USB stick with a - I believe - 64b version of Antergos accidentally on a

DELL VOSTRO 200
    Intel Celeron CPU
    420 @ 1.60 GHz
    1.6Ghz, 1.99 GB RAM

I assume that this machine is a 32 bit machine. The live demo worked perfectly fine to the extend tested.

1 - How can I identify which Antergos life version (32b or 64b) is installed on my USB stick?
    2 - How can I identify which Antergos version (32b or 64b) is installed on a PC?
    3 - Can it be possible to run a 64b Antergos live version can run on the above-mentioned DELL machine?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Mostly you find the bit version in the settings->about for whatever distro you’re using.

Alternatively, you can open terminal and enter this commaaand:
    [command:1psk7jeu]uname -m[/command:1psk7jeu]

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Thanks for the command information but this works only when Antergos (or another linux version) is installed. At least I could check one installation.

An important question is still what is the right version for the DELL machine in the first part of this posting.

Thanks for hints in advance.

• [According to Intel[/url:1p5wzp0l] the Celeron 420 supports 64bit Instruction Set

What does [b:1p5wzp0l]uname -m[/b:1p5wzp0l] or [b:1p5wzp0l]arch[/b:1p5wzp0l] show ? (“i686” = 32bit and “x86_64” = 64bit)]0

• Thanks for the information. Now I know at least that I installed 64bit version (cross check on a different machine and the same live usb stick) and the Dell runs 64 bit.

Very helpful!

Posts 6Views 949