• 32b vs 64b \[SOLVED\]

I just started a Live USB stick with a - I believe - 64b version of Antergos accidentally on a

DELL VOSTRO 200
    Intel Celeron CPU
    420 @ 1.60 GHz
    1.6Ghz, 1.99 GB RAM

I assume that this machine is a 32 bit machine. The live demo worked perfectly fine to the extend tested.

1 - How can I identify which Antergos life version (32b or 64b) is installed on my USB stick?
    2 - How can I identify which Antergos version (32b or 64b) is installed on a PC?
    3 - Can it be possible to run a 64b Antergos live version can run on the above-mentioned DELL machine?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• I just started a Live USB stick with a - I believe - 64b version of Antergos accidentally on a

DELL VOSTRO 200
    Intel Celeron CPU
    420 @ 1.60 GHz
    1.6Ghz, 1.99 GB RAM

I assume that this machine is a 32 bit machine. The live demo worked perfectly fine to the extend tested.

1 - How can I identify which Antergos life version (32b or 64b) is installed on my USB stick?
    2 - How can I identify which Antergos version (32b or 64b) is installed on a PC?
    3 - Can it be possible to run a 64b Antergos live version can run on the above-mentioned DELL machine?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Mostly you find the bit version in the settings->about for whatever distro you’re using.

Alternatively, you can open terminal and enter this commaaand:
    [command:1psk7jeu]uname -m[/command:1psk7jeu]

• Thanks for the command information but this works only when Antergos (or another linux version) is installed. At least I could check one installation.

An important question is still what is the right version for the DELL machine in the first part of this posting.

Thanks for hints in advance.

• [According to Intel[/url:1p5wzp0l] the Celeron 420 supports 64bit Instruction Set

What does [b:1p5wzp0l]uname -m[/b:1p5wzp0l] or [b:1p5wzp0l]arch[/b:1p5wzp0l] show ? (“i686” = 32bit and “x86_64” = 64bit)]0

• Thanks for the information. Now I know at least that I installed 64bit version (cross check on a different machine and the same live usb stick) and the Dell runs 64 bit.

Very helpful!

Posts 6Views 1462
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.