• WIFI connection permanently shows "connecting" (KDE)

The WIFI connection symbol at the bottom right corner is permanently rotating. Moving the cursor over the symbol the message “Connecting” is displayed. However, as I can normally work with internet connections, I assume the WIFI is “connected”.

Clicking on the rotating symbol, the connection list pops up and clicking there on the right top corner’s setting symbol shows the WIFI networks name but the “Last used” field only shows the string yyy-mm-dd and no real date.

Is this a bug?

What can be done?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• The WIFI connection symbol at the bottom right corner is permanently rotating. Moving the cursor over the symbol the message “Connecting” is displayed. However, as I can normally work with internet connections, I assume the WIFI is “connected”.

Clicking on the rotating symbol, the connection list pops up and clicking there on the right top corner’s setting symbol shows the WIFI networks name but the “Last used” field only shows the string yyy-mm-dd and no real date.

Is this a bug?

What can be done?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• I realize that your post is a bit dated and so would mine but on the off-chance…

First off, can you check to see if you have Airplane Mode selected. If so, uncheck it. Ensure that the Wifi Mode is selected. If all is good, and you have the correct settings, select the Wheel symbol. The one you described as the rotating symbol.
    Under Wireless Tab, have you edited the wifi connection points to include your password?
    Under Wireless Tab, is there anything that is selected under 'restrict to device"? If so, make sure it is properly selected. BBSID might need to be selected as well. There might be something missing. You can fix that by selecting from the dropdown menu. There should be only one selection.

Open Terminal please and show the output of

ifconfig -a

also

lspci -k

also is your card a USB device? Run this in terminal if it is:

dmesg | grep usbcore

The output should show that it has registered a new device.
    Is there anything listed under

dmesg | grep firmware

if there is no output can you

dmesg | grep iwlwifi]

also, what is the output of

ip link

Use the code tags to place your output.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

Posts 3Views 767