• Feedback from today's instalation : 17-12-2014

Hi!

Today i installed antergos on my desktop pc (had previously installed in my laptop) and just want to give some feedback!

First of all, thanks for the great distro! Its quick, nice and beautifull!

* My desktop pc needs custom 8192cu module from aur ( rtl8192cu from main kernel works, but is slow and disconnects alot. for antergos installation, 8192cu really is recommended ). I had absolutly no problem adding 8192cu, just installed linux-headers and 8192cu-dkms. ( maybe preinstall linux-headers for people who need custom modules )

* I went with cnchi 0.6.23, instead of 0.6.28. cnchi-dev first installed 0.6.28 but then later on installed 0.6.23 and never wanted to install 0.6.28 again.

* Had to retry ALOT of times the partition window on cnchi. I think ( not sure ) it was due to trying to put a label into fat16 efi boot partition. I always stalled when i tried to install into root btrfs with label and boot fat16 efi with label. Doing root btrfs with label and boot fat16 efi WITHOUT label worked. ( previously, the cursor would just be busy and never would go forward ).

* I am a KDE user, and this seems to be an arch/pacman problem but, maybe a forced workaround for instalation of kactivities4 instead of kactivities. kactivities will install kf5 group packages ( unneeded ), has a problem with “remember last used virtual desktop in activities” option on kde, and most importantly, if changed after using the desktop, it will reset all previous activities created ( have to start over again with plasma configuration ).

Other than that, sweet instalation!

Sidenote: Dont like very much pacmanxg4. Its powerfull yes, but very weird! Maybe option for octopi or pamac ?

• Hi!

Today i installed antergos on my desktop pc (had previously installed in my laptop) and just want to give some feedback!

First of all, thanks for the great distro! Its quick, nice and beautifull!

* My desktop pc needs custom 8192cu module from aur ( rtl8192cu from main kernel works, but is slow and disconnects alot. for antergos installation, 8192cu really is recommended ). I had absolutly no problem adding 8192cu, just installed linux-headers and 8192cu-dkms. ( maybe preinstall linux-headers for people who need custom modules )

* I went with cnchi 0.6.23, instead of 0.6.28. cnchi-dev first installed 0.6.28 but then later on installed 0.6.23 and never wanted to install 0.6.28 again.

* Had to retry ALOT of times the partition window on cnchi. I think ( not sure ) it was due to trying to put a label into fat16 efi boot partition. I always stalled when i tried to install into root btrfs with label and boot fat16 efi with label. Doing root btrfs with label and boot fat16 efi WITHOUT label worked. ( previously, the cursor would just be busy and never would go forward ).

* I am a KDE user, and this seems to be an arch/pacman problem but, maybe a forced workaround for instalation of kactivities4 instead of kactivities. kactivities will install kf5 group packages ( unneeded ), has a problem with “remember last used virtual desktop in activities” option on kde, and most importantly, if changed after using the desktop, it will reset all previous activities created ( have to start over again with plasma configuration ).

Other than that, sweet instalation!

Sidenote: Dont like very much pacmanxg4. Its powerfull yes, but very weird! Maybe option for octopi or pamac ?

• PS: just remembered, something i have to do in all distributions, since none do this:

Antergos and, for example ubuntu, have amazing wallpapers. Unfortunatly, KDE doesnt see this. One has to do:

cd /usr/share/wallpapers  
    ln -s ../antergos  

and then they are available to KDE.

Posts 3Views 744