• Bumblebee error: systemd-logind: failed to get session: PID XXX

Hello,

today I tried getting Bumblebee working but I got this error: systemd-logind: failed to get session: PID XXX
    The fix was pretty easy. I uninstalled LightDM and installed GDM. So could anyone please put this in a appropriate place?
    Furthermore I wanted to ask why LightDM is used when I install Gnome and not GDM.

With kind regards,

marcelsmudda

• Hello,

today I tried getting Bumblebee working but I got this error: systemd-logind: failed to get session: PID XXX
    The fix was pretty easy. I uninstalled LightDM and installed GDM. So could anyone please put this in a appropriate place?
    Furthermore I wanted to ask why LightDM is used when I install Gnome and not GDM.

With kind regards,

marcelsmudda

• Hi,

We chose Light-DM in order to provide a consistent login experience across all of the desktop environments we support. Users are, of course, free to change it after installation if they want.

Cheers!

• Will this problem at least be filed somewhere so it can be looked up easily? for example the wiki as soon as it runs again.

• Wiki is working: [url:1swt5iuu]http://wiki.antergos.com/HomePage[/url:1swt5iuu]

If you have the time, feel free to add it yourself! Thanks!

• i always get maintenance server is currently too busy. please come back later.

• Try again, please. I do not know why sometimes it gives that error. I can assure you that most of the time it works (at least from here).

I’ll talk with lots.0.logs to see if he can have a look at it. Thanks for reporting it!

Cheers!

Posts 7Views 2301
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.