• Bumblebee error: systemd-logind: failed to get session: PID XXX

Hello,

today I tried getting Bumblebee working but I got this error: systemd-logind: failed to get session: PID XXX
    The fix was pretty easy. I uninstalled LightDM and installed GDM. So could anyone please put this in a appropriate place?
    Furthermore I wanted to ask why LightDM is used when I install Gnome and not GDM.

With kind regards,

marcelsmudda

• Hello,

today I tried getting Bumblebee working but I got this error: systemd-logind: failed to get session: PID XXX
    The fix was pretty easy. I uninstalled LightDM and installed GDM. So could anyone please put this in a appropriate place?
    Furthermore I wanted to ask why LightDM is used when I install Gnome and not GDM.

With kind regards,

marcelsmudda

• Hi,

We chose Light-DM in order to provide a consistent login experience across all of the desktop environments we support. Users are, of course, free to change it after installation if they want.

Cheers!

• Will this problem at least be filed somewhere so it can be looked up easily? for example the wiki as soon as it runs again.

• Wiki is working: [url:1swt5iuu]http://wiki.antergos.com/HomePage[/url:1swt5iuu]

If you have the time, feel free to add it yourself! Thanks!

• i always get maintenance server is currently too busy. please come back later.

• Try again, please. I do not know why sometimes it gives that error. I can assure you that most of the time it works (at least from here).

I’ll talk with lots.0.logs to see if he can have a look at it. Thanks for reporting it!

Cheers!

Posts 7Views 1923