• Currently recommended install method for EFI?

I was up late last night attempting to assist someone installing Antergos over Teamviewer but I simply could not get the cnchi installer to complete correctly at all. Even with a legacy grub install. Secure boot was disabled, his ssd was cleanly wiped (secure erase) and he had previously installed with success but had been unable to. I had him grab the latest testing ISO and I wrote it to the flash drive for him. The only thing I don’t think I tried was cnchi-dev. Normally I just do vanilla arch installs but since he is a newer user, and assisting install of arch over the net can be difficult I choose to go the Antergos route, which he actually liked.

Other problems:
    cnchi Graphical installer segfaults after selecting locale/timezone
    cnchi CLI installer hangs formatting partitions (no problem, can work around by formatting them outside the installer and telling the installer not to)
    cnchi CLI installer didn’t install the system correctly (looked like most of base was missing - pacman, mkinitcpio, which, etc…)
    the [email protected] key is not signed by enough members so I had to set TrustAll for the Antergos repo in order to install packages from it.

Given that arch-chroot wasn’t available I couldn’t think of a good way to guarantee a good install with the current media and was forced to leave him with a broken system. He was okay with that as he won’t need the computer immediately, but I would really like to get to the bottom of this.

Should I grab the latest testing iso and then get cnchi-dev - and if I should get cnchi-dev I see mixed information regarding it’s retrieval - what method should I use to get cnchi-dev?

Anyways, thanks in advance
    Xaero

• I was up late last night attempting to assist someone installing Antergos over Teamviewer but I simply could not get the cnchi installer to complete correctly at all. Even with a legacy grub install. Secure boot was disabled, his ssd was cleanly wiped (secure erase) and he had previously installed with success but had been unable to. I had him grab the latest testing ISO and I wrote it to the flash drive for him. The only thing I don’t think I tried was cnchi-dev. Normally I just do vanilla arch installs but since he is a newer user, and assisting install of arch over the net can be difficult I choose to go the Antergos route, which he actually liked.

Other problems:
    cnchi Graphical installer segfaults after selecting locale/timezone
    cnchi CLI installer hangs formatting partitions (no problem, can work around by formatting them outside the installer and telling the installer not to)
    cnchi CLI installer didn’t install the system correctly (looked like most of base was missing - pacman, mkinitcpio, which, etc…)
    the [email protected] key is not signed by enough members so I had to set TrustAll for the Antergos repo in order to install packages from it.

Given that arch-chroot wasn’t available I couldn’t think of a good way to guarantee a good install with the current media and was forced to leave him with a broken system. He was okay with that as he won’t need the computer immediately, but I would really like to get to the bottom of this.

Should I grab the latest testing iso and then get cnchi-dev - and if I should get cnchi-dev I see mixed information regarding it’s retrieval - what method should I use to get cnchi-dev?

Anyways, thanks in advance
    Xaero

• I got everything sorted out now.
    Dug up some posts regarding python-requests and the new cnchi-dev script. After that was done everything worked fine.

Posts 3Views 1138