• \[Solved\] nVidia Drivers and Test ISO

After reinstalling Antergos earlier today from the latest test ISO (no other media exists), I attempted to install the nVidia driver. The Antergos wiki suggests…

1. pacman -R xf86-video-nouveau nouveau-dri

First problem, there is no nouveau-dri package. xf86-video-nouveau exists, but the second package does not.

The next step was…

2. NOTE! This step is only if you’re running 64bit skip it if you’re only running 32bit!!! pacman -R lib32-nouveau-dri

I am running 64bit, so I ran the command but lib32-nouveau-dri doesn’t exist either.

I don’t want to kill my install by only half carrying out the instructions.

Could someone please advise me on how to progress?

Out of curiosity, I also tried the final command…

3. pacman -S linux-headers nvidia nvidia-utils --noconfirm

… which is supposed to prevent the conflict between “lib32-mesa-libgl” and “lib32-nvidia-libgl” being an issue, but it came up as a warning anyway.

Any ideas?

Lenovo H50-50 Sharkbay, Intel® Core i7 4790 Haswell CPU @ 3.60 GH, 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 720, 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Antergos 64-bit, 2GB WDC (SATA), 3GB TOSHIBA (SATA).

• After reinstalling Antergos earlier today from the latest test ISO (no other media exists), I attempted to install the nVidia driver. The Antergos wiki suggests…

1. pacman -R xf86-video-nouveau nouveau-dri

First problem, there is no nouveau-dri package. xf86-video-nouveau exists, but the second package does not.

The next step was…

2. NOTE! This step is only if you’re running 64bit skip it if you’re only running 32bit!!! pacman -R lib32-nouveau-dri

I am running 64bit, so I ran the command but lib32-nouveau-dri doesn’t exist either.

I don’t want to kill my install by only half carrying out the instructions.

Could someone please advise me on how to progress?

Out of curiosity, I also tried the final command…

3. pacman -S linux-headers nvidia nvidia-utils --noconfirm

… which is supposed to prevent the conflict between “lib32-mesa-libgl” and “lib32-nvidia-libgl” being an issue, but it came up as a warning anyway.

Any ideas?

Lenovo H50-50 Sharkbay, Intel® Core i7 4790 Haswell CPU @ 3.60 GH, 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 720, 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Antergos 64-bit, 2GB WDC (SATA), 3GB TOSHIBA (SATA).

• I have the same… striclty the same problem.

I really don’t understand, because ( sorry for my poor english ) on the French wiki of archlinux there’s -> this “pacman -S nvidia nvidia-utils nvidia-libgl”

that’s what I do, and I removed mesa-libgl !

User of Mixxx software, check my mixcloud : [url:3u6wlqqr]http://www.mixcloud.com/noir\_deco/[/url:3u6wlqqr]

• Hi, I added a shell script for switching between the open and closed source drivers. I didnt have time to update the instructions for installing them manually but the script should work.

Cheers!

• Where is the shell script located?

• It’s on the nvidia article in our wiki

Cheers!

• It still produces the same error. I copied nvidia_swap.sh to my desktop, made it executable, ran it, and still got the conflict warning.

[name Desktop]$ sudo sh nvidia_swap.sh
    [sudo] password for name:
    error: target not found: xf86-video-nouveau mesa-libgl
    resolving dependencies…
    looking for inter-conflicts…
    warning: removing ‘nvidia-utils’ from target list because it conflicts with ‘nvidia-340xx-utils’
    :: nvidia-libgl and mesa-libgl are in conflict (libgl). Remove mesa-libgl? [y/N]

• No worries, I removed mesa-libgl and everything seems to be working okay.

Much obliged!

Posts 8Views 2227