• \[Solved\] nVidia Drivers and Test ISO

After reinstalling Antergos earlier today from the latest test ISO (no other media exists), I attempted to install the nVidia driver. The Antergos wiki suggests…

1. pacman -R xf86-video-nouveau nouveau-dri

First problem, there is no nouveau-dri package. xf86-video-nouveau exists, but the second package does not.

The next step was…

2. NOTE! This step is only if you’re running 64bit skip it if you’re only running 32bit!!! pacman -R lib32-nouveau-dri

I am running 64bit, so I ran the command but lib32-nouveau-dri doesn’t exist either.

I don’t want to kill my install by only half carrying out the instructions.

Could someone please advise me on how to progress?

Out of curiosity, I also tried the final command…

3. pacman -S linux-headers nvidia nvidia-utils --noconfirm

… which is supposed to prevent the conflict between “lib32-mesa-libgl” and “lib32-nvidia-libgl” being an issue, but it came up as a warning anyway.

Any ideas?

Lenovo H50-50 Sharkbay, Intel® Core i7 4790 Haswell CPU @ 3.60 GH, 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 720, 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Antergos 64-bit, 2GB WDC (SATA), 3GB TOSHIBA (SATA).

• After reinstalling Antergos earlier today from the latest test ISO (no other media exists), I attempted to install the nVidia driver. The Antergos wiki suggests…

1. pacman -R xf86-video-nouveau nouveau-dri

First problem, there is no nouveau-dri package. xf86-video-nouveau exists, but the second package does not.

The next step was…

2. NOTE! This step is only if you’re running 64bit skip it if you’re only running 32bit!!! pacman -R lib32-nouveau-dri

I am running 64bit, so I ran the command but lib32-nouveau-dri doesn’t exist either.

I don’t want to kill my install by only half carrying out the instructions.

Could someone please advise me on how to progress?

Out of curiosity, I also tried the final command…

3. pacman -S linux-headers nvidia nvidia-utils --noconfirm

… which is supposed to prevent the conflict between “lib32-mesa-libgl” and “lib32-nvidia-libgl” being an issue, but it came up as a warning anyway.

Any ideas?

Lenovo H50-50 Sharkbay, Intel® Core i7 4790 Haswell CPU @ 3.60 GH, 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 720, 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Antergos 64-bit, 2GB WDC (SATA), 3GB TOSHIBA (SATA).

• I have the same… striclty the same problem.

I really don’t understand, because ( sorry for my poor english ) on the French wiki of archlinux there’s -> this “pacman -S nvidia nvidia-utils nvidia-libgl”

that’s what I do, and I removed mesa-libgl !

User of Mixxx software, check my mixcloud : [url:3u6wlqqr]http://www.mixcloud.com/noir\_deco/[/url:3u6wlqqr]

• Hi, I added a shell script for switching between the open and closed source drivers. I didnt have time to update the instructions for installing them manually but the script should work.

Cheers!

• Where is the shell script located?

• It’s on the nvidia article in our wiki

Cheers!

• It still produces the same error. I copied nvidia_swap.sh to my desktop, made it executable, ran it, and still got the conflict warning.

[name Desktop]$ sudo sh nvidia_swap.sh
    [sudo] password for name:
    error: target not found: xf86-video-nouveau mesa-libgl
    resolving dependencies…
    looking for inter-conflicts…
    warning: removing ‘nvidia-utils’ from target list because it conflicts with ‘nvidia-340xx-utils’
    :: nvidia-libgl and mesa-libgl are in conflict (libgl). Remove mesa-libgl? [y/N]

• No worries, I removed mesa-libgl and everything seems to be working okay.

Much obliged!

Posts 8Views 2354
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.