• Strange disk activity

I’m getting a really strange heavy disk activity, to the point that everything starts slowing down!
    even if i have no program open, my disk activity goes berserk.
    wile idle with a CPU activity of 10% or less i get lag spikes even with opening activities menu.
    this goes on for hours!

I installed IOtop and I have tracker-store, tracker-extract (tracker-[…]) constantly using 99% of IO.

anyone has any idea of what the problem could be? or any way to diagnose this?
    i added the journal log for analysis. if any other log is needed please ask

• I’m getting a really strange heavy disk activity, to the point that everything starts slowing down!
    even if i have no program open, my disk activity goes berserk.
    wile idle with a CPU activity of 10% or less i get lag spikes even with opening activities menu.
    this goes on for hours!

I installed IOtop and I have tracker-store, tracker-extract (tracker-[…]) constantly using 99% of IO.

anyone has any idea of what the problem could be? or any way to diagnose this?
    i added the journal log for analysis. if any other log is needed please ask

• Hi,

Is this a fresh install of GNOME? If so high IO activity in the first few days after install is normal. It will subside once the tracker has indexed all the files. If its not a fresh install, did you recently add any network mounts to your /home or copy a lot of files to your /home from an external source? That would also explain it. I dont see anything that stands out in your logs. Let me know if it continues to be a problem.

Cheers!

• the system was installed in August 5, so, no it’s not a fresh install of gnome. Nor i had a lot of file movement to my /home. That’s my problem/suspicion.
    the problem persisted for about 5 hours! damn! Oo
    also, nautilus is not updating files… if i change/create a file in an already open folder, i have to refresh the folder!

• and, after updating the system, here it goes again!

• i’ll just wait until next iso release and format my installation

• Hi,

I’m afraid that won’t make any difference here. Every time you install using our ISO, the latest versions of all packages are grabbed from the Arch repos. It’s not like distros on a regular release schedule where the packages are copied from the ISO and would then require updating after the system is installed. If your issue is related to a new bug in one of the packages, its important that you keep your system updated to that you will receive the fix–that’s assuming your issue is one that affects other people as well. I’ll try to look into it further and see if I can dig up anything that might help. I’ll let you know.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• well i’m hoping that i messed something and that i just don’t remember what… (lol) Probably it’s something i messed up since it seams I’m the only one suffering from this issue.
    I’m planing deleting my windows install for good (yay), reducing it to a mere VM, and there’s no iso to download (except the testing iso).
    Since both this issues can take some time (plus other backups i have to do), I’ll just wait for the next Antergos snapshot and wipe the whole HD. 8)

• Hi there! I am experiencing the very exact issue myself since I upgraded to Gnome 3.14. The only thing I can do is restart the computer (which takes a looooong time after pressing the restart buton)!

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• my issue just started 5 days ago 8/

• mmm i think i got the problem! I think it was a broke DropBox install (from AUR)!

• looks like it’s not dropbox… everytime i open activities and search for anything the disk goes crazy…

Posts 12Views 2225