• Antergos-lts?

The recent Linux kernels have been very unstable for me causing my not to boot up a lot of the time, however the Linux-lts packages seem to have solved that for me. So is there any chance of releasing a antergos-lts.iso image? I want to go back to using arch and not be forced to use Linux Mint ( ships with stable lts kernel)

• The recent Linux kernels have been very unstable for me causing my not to boot up a lot of the time, however the Linux-lts packages seem to have solved that for me. So is there any chance of releasing a antergos-lts.iso image? I want to go back to using arch and not be forced to use Linux Mint ( ships with stable lts kernel)

• you could try the linux-lts kernel? pacman -S linux-lts :)

• Any kernel version newer then 3.16 has a high chance of not booting on my system, and I did try that, however grub/gummiboot didn’t detect my partitions right and failed to load any custom kernel (because grub-mkconfig failed to configure right) So instead of slowly getting a semi working system from a non working one, I was hoping there could just be a antergos-lts version, I know a few other people are also having problems related to the newer kernels as well. If there is no possibility of a premade-iso with linux-lts, could there be a installer option that would install linux-lts and have a sane configuration that just works?

• Hi Abandenz,

We will surely add this option in our installer, problem is that I can’t assure you when it will be ready.

Cheers!

• @“karasu”:lkf7a1db said:

Hi Abandenz,

We will surely add this option in our installer, problem is that I can’t assure you when it will be ready.

Cheers![/quote:lkf7a1db]
    Thanks I’ll be sure to try it again once that’s a option. And do you have any idea why arch( and mainly newer kernels) are having problems with acpi on my laptop? If i want to use arch I have to add 'acpi=off irqpoll noapic" and even though it at least boots up then, it is still unusable sometimes it will take minutes to start up and my mouse and keyboard lag when interacting with anything. However Linux Mint runs fine.

• oh i was just thinking about this option on the installer would be nice i feel the same the mainline kernel feels sluggish compared to the lts maybe its just me

• Hi,

Yes, that’s the info I asked for :p

For what I’ve read, it could be a driver problem, but I think it’s going to be difficult to find out what exactly is. You could try install the privative drivers, but if I were you I’d simply use firefox and live with it. :p

Cheers!

second last

Posts 8Views 3359