• Intel Atom Netbook

If I wish to install Antergos on a netbook that powered by Intel Atom (since I have another netbooks of my family and colleague’s runs on Atom), can somebody tells me what are the essential things/steps that I must keep in mind?

I have experience on Atom about couple years ago, tried with Ubuntu, but got horrible result. I hear that there is specific kernels for netbook (Atom?), but never really tried any.

But, since I don’t plan to apply it anytime soon. Perhaps I would like to take it as a note. Thanks before.

• If I wish to install Antergos on a netbook that powered by Intel Atom (since I have another netbooks of my family and colleague’s runs on Atom), can somebody tells me what are the essential things/steps that I must keep in mind?

I have experience on Atom about couple years ago, tried with Ubuntu, but got horrible result. I hear that there is specific kernels for netbook (Atom?), but never really tried any.

But, since I don’t plan to apply it anytime soon. Perhaps I would like to take it as a note. Thanks before.

• Hi,

To my knowledge there is nothing special about atom processors themselves. Our geo server is run on stock 64 bit kernel arch linux with an intel atom processor (Intel® Atom™ CPU N2800 @ 1.86GHz). I’d definitely recommend booting live media installer - if that works fine, it’s likely you’ll be good to go.

Alex

Posts 3Views 2322
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.