• Intel Atom Netbook

If I wish to install Antergos on a netbook that powered by Intel Atom (since I have another netbooks of my family and colleague’s runs on Atom), can somebody tells me what are the essential things/steps that I must keep in mind?

I have experience on Atom about couple years ago, tried with Ubuntu, but got horrible result. I hear that there is specific kernels for netbook (Atom?), but never really tried any.

But, since I don’t plan to apply it anytime soon. Perhaps I would like to take it as a note. Thanks before.

Asus X201EP | Intel Celeron 2x 1.10 GHz | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | Antergos 64-Bit.

• If I wish to install Antergos on a netbook that powered by Intel Atom (since I have another netbooks of my family and colleague’s runs on Atom), can somebody tells me what are the essential things/steps that I must keep in mind?

I have experience on Atom about couple years ago, tried with Ubuntu, but got horrible result. I hear that there is specific kernels for netbook (Atom?), but never really tried any.

But, since I don’t plan to apply it anytime soon. Perhaps I would like to take it as a note. Thanks before.

Asus X201EP | Intel Celeron 2x 1.10 GHz | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | Antergos 64-Bit.

• Hi,

To my knowledge there is nothing special about atom processors themselves. Our geo server is run on stock 64 bit kernel arch linux with an intel atom processor (Intel® Atom™ CPU N2800 @ 1.86GHz). I’d definitely recommend booting live media installer - if that works fine, it’s likely you’ll be good to go.

Alex

Posts 3Views 1798