• Enabling application categories

I am currently running gnome 3.14.2 and I have been itching to try out gnome software (mostly for the application categories feature) but it did not install when arch upgraded from 3.12 to 3.14 so I added gnome-unstable and installed it through pacman. The application works fine I suppose but how do I use it to create categories? there are no check buttons next to the installed packages and the sundries/utilities categories are missing from overview (also app-folder-categories value is not present in dconf editor). What am I missing to get this working? or is this just not implemented in Arch yet? [EDIT: my bad, sundries and utilities categories are showing in overview but app-folder-categories value is not present in dconf and option to create/edit categories is not present in gnome-software]

• I am currently running gnome 3.14.2 and I have been itching to try out gnome software (mostly for the application categories feature) but it did not install when arch upgraded from 3.12 to 3.14 so I added gnome-unstable and installed it through pacman. The application works fine I suppose but how do I use it to create categories? there are no check buttons next to the installed packages and the sundries/utilities categories are missing from overview (also app-folder-categories value is not present in dconf editor). What am I missing to get this working? or is this just not implemented in Arch yet? [EDIT: my bad, sundries and utilities categories are showing in overview but app-folder-categories value is not present in dconf and option to create/edit categories is not present in gnome-software]

• I’ve read in arch wiki somewhere, gnome-software is pretty much ready and will be shifted from unstable to community once [packagekit[/url:3fd8no3o] reaches version 1.0

So, it’s waiting for packagekit’s maintainer to do something.]0

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Ok I found out how to use gnome-software, there’s a little check mark up in the top right corner of the app that turns on the application categories function. A lot of my applications don’t show up in the list (mostly just the gnome specific ones do) so I guess it’s not totally working with package kit just yet. I will leave it be for now till it hits community.

Posts 4Views 1544