• Enabling application categories

I am currently running gnome 3.14.2 and I have been itching to try out gnome software (mostly for the application categories feature) but it did not install when arch upgraded from 3.12 to 3.14 so I added gnome-unstable and installed it through pacman. The application works fine I suppose but how do I use it to create categories? there are no check buttons next to the installed packages and the sundries/utilities categories are missing from overview (also app-folder-categories value is not present in dconf editor). What am I missing to get this working? or is this just not implemented in Arch yet? [EDIT: my bad, sundries and utilities categories are showing in overview but app-folder-categories value is not present in dconf and option to create/edit categories is not present in gnome-software]

• I am currently running gnome 3.14.2 and I have been itching to try out gnome software (mostly for the application categories feature) but it did not install when arch upgraded from 3.12 to 3.14 so I added gnome-unstable and installed it through pacman. The application works fine I suppose but how do I use it to create categories? there are no check buttons next to the installed packages and the sundries/utilities categories are missing from overview (also app-folder-categories value is not present in dconf editor). What am I missing to get this working? or is this just not implemented in Arch yet? [EDIT: my bad, sundries and utilities categories are showing in overview but app-folder-categories value is not present in dconf and option to create/edit categories is not present in gnome-software]

• I’ve read in arch wiki somewhere, gnome-software is pretty much ready and will be shifted from unstable to community once [packagekit[/url:3fd8no3o] reaches version 1.0

So, it’s waiting for packagekit’s maintainer to do something.]0

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Ok I found out how to use gnome-software, there’s a little check mark up in the top right corner of the app that turns on the application categories function. A lot of my applications don’t show up in the list (mostly just the gnome specific ones do) so I guess it’s not totally working with package kit just yet. I will leave it be for now till it hits community.

Posts 4Views 1856
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.