• GRUB for GPT support

Hi all

My first post here. I am trying to install Antergos on my laptop that already has Windows installed. I do not want to mess up the windows install, so I don’t want to change the gpt MBR that I used to partition the HDD. I have tried to use the updated installer to install Antergos, but grub just won’t install right. There is no record for Antergos in the system boot menu, and only Windows EFI manager is shown in the list despite installer saying that the install is complete.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is GPT support not currently available? I would really love to try Antergos, so please excuse me when I ask this - is there a possibility that it will be supported soon?

Thanks

• Hi all

My first post here. I am trying to install Antergos on my laptop that already has Windows installed. I do not want to mess up the windows install, so I don’t want to change the gpt MBR that I used to partition the HDD. I have tried to use the updated installer to install Antergos, but grub just won’t install right. There is no record for Antergos in the system boot menu, and only Windows EFI manager is shown in the list despite installer saying that the install is complete.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is GPT support not currently available? I would really love to try Antergos, so please excuse me when I ask this - is there a possibility that it will be supported soon?

Thanks

• Hi,

Bootloader installation for GPT is not currently supported. Sorry about that! We are working to add support for the next release. We dont have a firm date set but it should be within the next month.

Best Regards,

• Thanks for the reply. I can’t wait to try Antergos after the next version comes out! Hopefully soon. Thanks for all the effort you are putting into making Arch palatable for all.

• Hi there

So, does the newly released ISO support gpt partition tables?

Thanks

Posts 5Views 1229