• When we will have an installer that works?

when we will have an installer that works?

• when we will have an installer that works?

• Maybe with a fresh .iso. Doesn’t updating the installer via command line work for you?

• Hi M4th3us,

You couldn’t be less specific… please, explain your test case where the installer didn’t work for you, and we’ll try to fix it if it needs fixing.

Cheers!

• @“karasu”:14z9k1kt said:

Hi M4th3us,

You couldn’t be less specific… please, explain your test case where the installer didn’t work for you, and we’ll try to fix it if it needs fixing.

Cheers![/quote:14z9k1kt]
    Have you tried to install using this last ISO ( Antergos 2014.08.07 - 64bits )?

and before that one, its another problem…

Last working ISO is 26-05-2014, BUT, already deleted from FTP

Try it!

• Hi M4th3us,

We’re in the middle of updating the iso… also we backported some bugfixes from the development branch to the stable branch of Cnchi.

I’m sure in a few days a new iso will be available with Cnchi 0.6.20

Anyway, you can use the iso and then do a cnchi-dev that will update Cnchi to 0.6.20 and it will work (it doesn’t depend on the python-request module anymore, that was causing some errors).

As Antergos is downloaded each time you want to install it, any new changes in the repositories can break our installer. That’s why old iso files get useless. We delete them from our server when we detect this.

Also, for the intrepid, there’s a testing iso in [url:1abdiri1]http://build.antergos.org/browse/testing[/url:1abdiri1] that automatically created by our build server. I do NOT recommend using it (for instance, last one that was generated has a bug in pacman.conf that makes it unusable unless you fix it by hand).

Thanks for your patience.

• Hi,

I can’t see the images at work. I’ll have a look at them when I get home. Thanks!

• Ok, if you need any help, let me know!

• Hi,

There’s a new testing build available if you want to give it a go. There will be another new build available in a few hours besides whats there now.

Cheers!

• antergos 2014.11.24 x86_64

seens to work, i’m almost finishing the install and so far no problems…

• This time for me work this: (source [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2273][0]">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2273 )

1. Exit the installer when it initially appears.

2. Press Alt+F2, input
    sudo pacman -S python-requests

3. input “cnchi-dev”, and then press Enter.

4. Wait 2-5 minutes while the installer is updated. (Could take longer on slower connections)

5. The installer will restart automatically, follow the prompts to install.

[0]: <a href=

• With the new ISO, 11-24, I cannot get past the systemd 217 at boot. I have an nVidia gt630 card.
    Edit: just trid the 11-25, issue still there, seems to hibernate after it says systemd 217 , I have to manually hold power button to turn off, then push the button to turn back on.

• @“miro.dubo”:1py0dpi2 said:

This time for me work this: (source [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2273][0]">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2273 )

1. Exit the installer when it initially appears.

2. Press Alt+F2, input
    sudo pacman -S python-requests

3. input “cnchi-dev”, and then press Enter.

4. Wait 2-5 minutes while the installer is updated. (Could take longer on slower connections)

5. The installer will restart automatically, follow the prompts to install.[/quote:1py0dpi2]

not working…

[img:1py0dpi2]http://i.imgur.com/TLcKSeu.png[/img:1py0dpi2]

[0]: <a href=

• My computer died so I tried to install on my new computer with many of the same results as the previous two posts. I thought the thread was unfair when I first saw it. Now I know it is valid. The installer freezes during the partitioning faze even though directions were followed closely. I tried the Terminal approach with the same results, a frozen installation.

I tried several times. Kinda sucks as I really like this distro but there really is no way to install at the moment.

• @parkslope: Did you use the latest testing iso? (from build.antergos.org)

• @“karasu”:1orm0z8i said:

@parkslope: Did you use the latest testing iso? (from build.antergos.org)[/quote:1orm0z8i]
    No but I will now, excellent news!

One question, which one to use for a new computer with the UEFI scheme? I see many categories.

Thanks.

• @“lots.0.logs”:2nh7l7yd said:

http://repo.antergos.info/iso/testing/antergos-2014.11.30-x86_64.iso

Cheers![/quote:2nh7l7yd]
    Well, the new installer works well. The old one worked after the tweaks but froze at the partitioning section for me.

Initial issues:

Lightdm freezes at boot for a minute then I can login to kde.

No Libreoffice and installing Libreoffice fresh or Libreoffice still gives me a corrupted package message.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I decided to skip this installation and go with Cinnamon instead. I will install Libreoffice when time permits.

• @“lots.0.logs”:vv0pk87f said:

http://repo.antergos.info/iso/testing/antergos-2014.11.30-x86_64.iso

Cheers![/quote:vv0pk87f]

Thanks for the link. I had the same issue. It works on my other desktop and USED to work on my laptop which is UEFI crap but i disabled it. But when I formatted the drive manually. The installer quit working. But with that ISo from your link. Works fine. Thanks. I don’t like messing with vanilla arch on laptop since I don’t use too often. Did the keyring fix thingy as well. All is well. Antergos fan btw. I don’t use it on my main desktop . But everything else. Gets the job done quick and glad you stick with actual arch repos etc unlike manjaro does. kudos.

Great installer btw. they should all be like it.Non bloated and options to do install or not to install things.
    I cannot seem to get pacmanXG working on vanilla arch. I can never get the libxrender or whatever going. but that’s another topic.

Posts 24Views 7170