• \[SOLVED\] Firefox 33.1.1-1 suddenly crashes

Since the new FF 33.1.1 it suddenly crashes without a log. When I reopen it works normaly until random crash.
    Anyone has the same problem?

Kernel 3.17.3-1, OB

• Since the new FF 33.1.1 it suddenly crashes without a log. When I reopen it works normaly until random crash.
    Anyone has the same problem?

Kernel 3.17.3-1, OB

• Solid as a rock, here. Are you running a lot of extensions, by chance? If so, try removing them, one at a time, to see if one of them is creating the problem.

• @“peter_pan”:61r366o1 said:

Since the new FF 33.1.1 it suddenly crashes without a log. [/quote:61r366o1]
    Please post your logs. Sometimes you miss a line others see. Sometimes you didn’t see a log, because you forgot about it and others give you a hint.

What graphic card/driver do you use?

• @“Mike”:2c0k16b3 said:

Solid as a rock, here. Are you running a lot of extensions, by chance? If so, try removing them, one at a time, to see if one of them is creating the problem.[/quote:2c0k16b3]

Hm, the same I use all the time: Ghostery, AdBlock Edge, NoScript, RequestPolicy, Redirect Cleaner, User Agent Overrider.
    WIth my Thinkpad X200 I run the FF 32 (manjaro has slower updated repos) and its stable. FF32 with this PC was also rock solid.

MAYBE it has to do with libflashsupport-jack - but it worked finde with FF 32?!

edit: uninstalled it. No changes. Espescially when I skip through Vimeo videos it sudenlly quits.

edit2: flash is installed: flashplugin and lib32-flashplugin (both Version 11.2.202.418-1) and chromium-pepper-flash, but chromium is stable.

edit3: no addons = same. uninstalled wine-silverlight = same. :(

@“konfusius”:2c0k16b3 said:

@“peter_pan”:2c0k16b3 said:

Since the new FF 33.1.1 it suddenly crashes without a log. [/quote:2c0k16b3]
    Please post your logs. Sometimes you miss a line others see. Sometimes you didn’t see a log, because you forgot about it and others give you a hint.

What graphic card/driver do you use?[/quote:2c0k16b3]

I use a NVidia GeForce GTX 750 (no TI) and the non-free NVidia drivers, because nouveau sucks. Stable everywhere else.

Which log do you want to see (next time it happens)?

edit4:
    Terminal gave me the very first error output:

libva info: VA-API version 0.36.0  
    > > > libva info: va\_getDriverName() returns 0  
    > > > libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/nvidia\_drv\_video.so  
    > > > libva info: Found init function \_\_vaDriverInit\_0\_35  
    > > > libva info: va\_openDriver() returns 0  
    > > > Segmentation fault (core dumped)  
    > > > 

So it has to do with my graphics driver…

• Hi,

There are several [SOLVED] posts for this issue. Did you try searching the forum?
    Removing the following package should resolve the issue for you: [b:2o4o20hv]gst-vaapi[/b:2o4o20hv]

Let us know the result.

Cheers!

• Damn, you got me. I didn’t try to search, because I thought FF 33.1.1-1 was so new this time, that there is no topic for it. :(

edit: works.

Posts 7Views 1246