• No Internet (though connected to WiFi Network)

Hey there!

I have a strange problem here. First of all, I downloaded the recent Antergos image (2014.08.07 - 64bits). After booting (via USB) I was able to connect to my WiFi Network right away, no driver hassle of any kind. Of course I installed Antergos (with GNOME) and everything went through just fine. While installing, I was surfing the web by using the Chromium browser offered by the Live Image.

Anyhow: Once the installation was complete I rebooted the system and logged in. Now the problem is, that I can connect to my WiFi network and I have access to several devices like printers, NAS drives and so on, but I just can’t go past that and access the Internet. I’ve tried different times to reset the WiFi settings and reconnect but that didn’t fix the problem.

It’s a bit strange, since the Live Image did not have this problem. Maybe someone out there has some ideas on how to fix this.

Greetings - Christian

P.S.: My system specs:
    [list:nv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]Brand/Model: Lenovo ThinkPad T440s[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]CPU: Intel Core i5-4200U 1.6 GHz[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]RAM: 12GB[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]SSD: Crucial m4 128GB[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]Display: 14" Full HD IPS[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]LAN: Intel PRO/1000 PL Network Connection [/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]WIFI: Intel Wireless-N 7260[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu][/list:u:nv6y1yfu]

• Hey there!

I have a strange problem here. First of all, I downloaded the recent Antergos image (2014.08.07 - 64bits). After booting (via USB) I was able to connect to my WiFi Network right away, no driver hassle of any kind. Of course I installed Antergos (with GNOME) and everything went through just fine. While installing, I was surfing the web by using the Chromium browser offered by the Live Image.

Anyhow: Once the installation was complete I rebooted the system and logged in. Now the problem is, that I can connect to my WiFi network and I have access to several devices like printers, NAS drives and so on, but I just can’t go past that and access the Internet. I’ve tried different times to reset the WiFi settings and reconnect but that didn’t fix the problem.

It’s a bit strange, since the Live Image did not have this problem. Maybe someone out there has some ideas on how to fix this.

Greetings - Christian

P.S.: My system specs:
    [list:nv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]Brand/Model: Lenovo ThinkPad T440s[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]CPU: Intel Core i5-4200U 1.6 GHz[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]RAM: 12GB[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]SSD: Crucial m4 128GB[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]Display: 14" Full HD IPS[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]LAN: Intel PRO/1000 PL Network Connection [/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu]
    [*:nv6y1yfu]WIFI: Intel Wireless-N 7260[/*Ⓜnv6y1yfu][/list:u:nv6y1yfu]

• Hi,

Please post the output of the following commands:[command:9gvuz5ds]ip route
    sudo journalctl -b |grep dhcpcd[/command:9gvuz5ds]

Best Regards,

• Hey there!

I’ve managed solve the problem: I adjusted the IP settings manually to a static IP. So the way my home network works is that all the non moveable things like computers, the NAS, the printers, etc. have a static IP. Usually the DHCP server automatically hands out IP addresses for all the devices that are moveable - like the laptop that is used in different networks. For some reason, no IP address was given to my ThinkPad, although it works like a charm in Windows and via Antertgos Live System. Strange…

P.S.: I will be doing a fresh install again an then post the output of the commands given.

• I have a Lenovo laptop as well and ALWAYS have this problem with arch. For future reference, after connecting to a network but not having Internet access, this is what I do to auto-assign an ip:

\# iw dev //to get your interface name  

\# dhcpcd wlp2s0 //replace "wlp2s0" with yours  

Then it works.

Posts 5Views 4571
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.