• GNOME gives blank screen after login

I previously uninstalled nouveau to install nvidia driver and bumblebee, during the session which I install i3 as wm as well, together with a package called i3-gnome from the AUR. After rebooting, gnome failed to enter a session, given a sad face on the screen. Afterwards I have been using i3, uninstalling the i3-gnome pckg, as well as activating bumblebee and now all I get is an unresponsive blank screen instead of any error.

I was thinking of uninstalling the graphics driver packages and re-install the default ones, and if it works I need help on which driver to install, since I’m new at Linux too.
    Currently running Antergos x86_64.

• I previously uninstalled nouveau to install nvidia driver and bumblebee, during the session which I install i3 as wm as well, together with a package called i3-gnome from the AUR. After rebooting, gnome failed to enter a session, given a sad face on the screen. Afterwards I have been using i3, uninstalling the i3-gnome pckg, as well as activating bumblebee and now all I get is an unresponsive blank screen instead of any error.

I was thinking of uninstalling the graphics driver packages and re-install the default ones, and if it works I need help on which driver to install, since I’m new at Linux too.
    Currently running Antergos x86_64.

• Solved after installing polkit-gnome. Now I’ll handle the drivers myself. Thread can be closed.

Posts 3Views 1044