• GNOME gives blank screen after login

I previously uninstalled nouveau to install nvidia driver and bumblebee, during the session which I install i3 as wm as well, together with a package called i3-gnome from the AUR. After rebooting, gnome failed to enter a session, given a sad face on the screen. Afterwards I have been using i3, uninstalling the i3-gnome pckg, as well as activating bumblebee and now all I get is an unresponsive blank screen instead of any error.

I was thinking of uninstalling the graphics driver packages and re-install the default ones, and if it works I need help on which driver to install, since I’m new at Linux too.
    Currently running Antergos x86_64.

• I previously uninstalled nouveau to install nvidia driver and bumblebee, during the session which I install i3 as wm as well, together with a package called i3-gnome from the AUR. After rebooting, gnome failed to enter a session, given a sad face on the screen. Afterwards I have been using i3, uninstalling the i3-gnome pckg, as well as activating bumblebee and now all I get is an unresponsive blank screen instead of any error.

I was thinking of uninstalling the graphics driver packages and re-install the default ones, and if it works I need help on which driver to install, since I’m new at Linux too.
    Currently running Antergos x86_64.

• Solved after installing polkit-gnome. Now I’ll handle the drivers myself. Thread can be closed.

Posts 3Views 1198
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.