• Will Antergos be hurt by Evo/Lution AIS installer?

I just wonder how many folks that would normally use Antergos to get their Arch On will move to using the new Evo/Lution AIS installer to do an “actual” Arch install rather then go the Antergos route? Does anyone think that this may hurt Antergos and other Arch based Distros since now Arch will actually be kind of easy to install vs the way it use to be. Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there for discussion.

No Matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

• I just wonder how many folks that would normally use Antergos to get their Arch On will move to using the new Evo/Lution AIS installer to do an “actual” Arch install rather then go the Antergos route? Does anyone think that this may hurt Antergos and other Arch based Distros since now Arch will actually be kind of easy to install vs the way it use to be. Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there for discussion.

• Evo/Lution works very well, so I think it will bring a trainload of new Arch users into the mix. (Of course, the hard-core Archers will cry foul at that statement.)

I have both an Antergos and an Arch install on this machine. And I boot into Arch every 3 or 4 days to update it, before booting back into Antergos. Antergos just brings more style to the table, so I prefer using it. Sure, Arch can be customized to give it the same style, but when Antergos provides it, straight out of the tin, I cannot see why I should bother customizing Arch.

I think it will be a ‘different strokes for different folks’ situation. As for myself, Antergos is exactly what I was looking to find, so I am staying right here.

• I think yes, to some extent.

Arch community kinda hates all the ‘Easy to install’ distros, but I see they have positive views about evo/lution and Arch bang.

So, whoever stucks in the arch installation and asks for some kind of arch installer, he either gets “You are a fuckin’ noob, go back to Ubuntu” or “Try Evo/lution”.
    But I don’t think antergos users will leave antergos for Evo/lution…

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Ditto to both comments. I think many who want to give Arch a try will love the Evo/Lution AIS installer since it makes it pretty simple to get Arch installed but Antergos just a few little “extras” that makes it a bit nicer out of the box so you’re off and running that much quicker. Personally, I would be fine if I had to get Arch via the Evo/Lution AIS installer but I’m currently running Antergos MATE and it’s just as good in my opinion.

• ΙΜΗΟ, no one is going to get hurt. Quite the opposite. The more roads leading to Arch, the better for Arch and the Linux users, experienced and inexperienced, competent and incompetent, lazy ones and too-busy-to-do-it ones!

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• i used the evo install also great stuff but i like antergos themes class out of first install
    now if antergos had option for lts kernel or mainline that be a great edition

• im sticking with antergos. the openbox version of antergos is great out of the box and thats why i use it.

Posts 8Views 2336