• File Manager in Gnome, Preferences and "Open as Administrator"

Maybe if this is covered already in Antegros Wiki, I can’t access it most of the time, the server is busy. My questions:

1. What is the name of file manager in Antergos Gnome?
    2. I don’t see any Help button in it, is it somewhere, maybe online? Where?
    3. Are Music and Videos on the left removable somehow? Right click doesn’t provide Delete option.
    4. I don’t see Preferences or Settings, as in other distros, that allow to set Compact View as user preference. Now I have to click on View as a List button each time.
    5. How to open file (grub.cfg for example) to edit it as root or administrator? In other distros it’s right click, select “open as administrator”, but I see no this option here.

Thank you, I have to learn.

• Maybe if this is covered already in Antegros Wiki, I can’t access it most of the time, the server is busy. My questions:

1. What is the name of file manager in Antergos Gnome?
    2. I don’t see any Help button in it, is it somewhere, maybe online? Where?
    3. Are Music and Videos on the left removable somehow? Right click doesn’t provide Delete option.
    4. I don’t see Preferences or Settings, as in other distros, that allow to set Compact View as user preference. Now I have to click on View as a List button each time.
    5. How to open file (grub.cfg for example) to edit it as root or administrator? In other distros it’s right click, select “open as administrator”, but I see no this option here.

Thank you, I have to learn.

• 1. It would be "Nautilus"
    2. No, there is no help button per default. Online resource would be searching manually for each issue.
    3. On the left? You mean by “right-click” and “remove from favorite”?
    4. There is preference (and setting), use super button (the one with windows’s logo on keyboard) and start typing “preference” or "setting"
    5. Use terminal, begin with “sudo” to get administrative’s priviliges, and the “path/to/file”.

Well, no much help, CMIIW.

Asus X201EP | Intel Celeron 2x 1.10 GHz | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | Antergos 64-Bit.

• Thank you. A little more help needed, if you don’y mind:
    3. Removing Videos and Music from Favorites: yes, I meant is it possible to right click and remove the from Favorites.
    4. Entering Preferences or Setting in desktop search field results showing general Settings and Tweaks, not settings, specific to file manager. I’m trying to make “List View” default.

• 3. Ups, sorry, may I confirm again, were you mean “Music” and “Video” on the Dash or on the Nautilus? Do you want completely remove it from the system, or just remove the link from Nautilus’ sidebar?

So here is if we talk about Nautilus, please let me know, if this doen’t work. - or let the forum know

Go to terminal, and type:

gedit ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs

You would get something like:

\# This file is written by xdg-user-dirs-update  
    \# If you want to change or add directories, just edit the line you're  
    \# interested in. All local changes will be retained on the next run  
    \# Format is XDG\_xxx\_DIR="$HOME/yyy", where yyy is a shell-escaped  
    \# homedir-relative path, or XDG\_xxx\_DIR="/yyy", where /yyy is an  
    \# absolute path. No other format is supported.  
    \#   
    XDG\_DESKTOP\_DIR="$HOME/Destop"  
    XDG\_DOWNLOAD\_DIR="$HOME/Unduhan"  
    XDG\_TEMPLATES\_DIR="$HOME/Templat"  
    XDG\_PUBLICSHARE\_DIR="$HOME/Publik"  
    XDG\_DOCUMENTS\_DIR="$HOME/Dokumen"  
    XDG\_MUSIC\_DIR="$HOME/Musik"  
    XDG\_PICTURES\_DIR="$HOME/Gambar"  
    XDG\_VIDEOS\_DIR="$HOME/Video"

Note: the sample above uses my native language. But surely you can notice the music and video line, can’t you?

Then op them out by adding # in the front, e.g:

Become:  

Then save it :)

• 4. If the nautilis, when we open Nautilus - the file manager thing - on the panel above, left or right click its icon, and chose “reference”, and set them how you like it :) - CMIIW.

Posts 6Views 2039