• PackmanXG: How uninstall works?

1. How uninstall works in PackmanXG?
    If install is right click on package name, select “Install”, then click on “V” button at the top, then uninstall should be right click on package name, select “uninstall”, then click on button “V” again?

I didn’t try to uninstall anything, this is why I’m asking. At least in Mint some packages are tied to the OS and removing them (Talking Cow for example) may affect how the system works, prefer not to risk that. When doing uninstall in Mint, before uninstall you can see all packages that are going to be removed, and packages containing mint-codecs (or something like that) better not to touch, otherwise full clean install may be necessary.

How this works in PacmanXG, does it show what will be unisntalled before uninstall?

Sorry to bother you again, for some reason the Calligra-Krita I installed has giant buttons, covering interface, as for smartphones, on large desktop this looks ridiculous, maybe I’ll have to uninsatll it and try manual install. I’ll have to remove all calligra packages that were installed.

Thank you.

• 1. How uninstall works in PackmanXG?
    If install is right click on package name, select “Install”, then click on “V” button at the top, then uninstall should be right click on package name, select “uninstall”, then click on button “V” again?

I didn’t try to uninstall anything, this is why I’m asking. At least in Mint some packages are tied to the OS and removing them (Talking Cow for example) may affect how the system works, prefer not to risk that. When doing uninstall in Mint, before uninstall you can see all packages that are going to be removed, and packages containing mint-codecs (or something like that) better not to touch, otherwise full clean install may be necessary.

How this works in PacmanXG, does it show what will be unisntalled before uninstall?

Sorry to bother you again, for some reason the Calligra-Krita I installed has giant buttons, covering interface, as for smartphones, on large desktop this looks ridiculous, maybe I’ll have to uninsatll it and try manual install. I’ll have to remove all calligra packages that were installed.

Thank you.

• Hi

“Remove Packages” means Uninstall in PacmanXG.

The other way is, On the left side of the package name you see blank space where green arrow appears when you right-click and select “install”.
    You just click twice in the black space(or click once on the green arrow) to make it show orange “U” turned arrow and then click your “V” on top.

Cheers.

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

Posts 3Views 803