• Cypress Trouchpad - DELL XPS 12 Antergos

Hello,

i have a problem to get my Cypress touchpad working on my DELL XPS 12 after installation of Antergos. This means if i running the live system the touchpad works like expected. Also my Touchscreen works without any problems.

After the installation of Antergos, only my touchscrenn is working finde, but my Cypress touchpad isn’t. By using of the live enviorement, dmesg and hwinfo detects both devices (tochscreen and touchpad) without any problems. After the installation the Cypress device is missing and so the Kernel don’t load the module (psmouse) and evdev didn’t recognize the touchpad. I tried to use a different Kernel (linux-XPS13) wich uses the same Cypress touchpad, but there is no difference.

Can any one help me? Why the Cypress touchpad works out of the box in the live enviorment, but not in an fresh installed system. Is it only the difference between Kernel 3.15.x to 3.17.x, and is there a fix for that, or did i miss something. I compared the loaded modules and the XOrg.conf of both systems. The only difference is the psmouse module and the missing Cypress device by dmesg.

I’m thankful for every help.

Regards,

Elazar

• Hello,

i have a problem to get my Cypress touchpad working on my DELL XPS 12 after installation of Antergos. This means if i running the live system the touchpad works like expected. Also my Touchscreen works without any problems.

After the installation of Antergos, only my touchscrenn is working finde, but my Cypress touchpad isn’t. By using of the live enviorement, dmesg and hwinfo detects both devices (tochscreen and touchpad) without any problems. After the installation the Cypress device is missing and so the Kernel don’t load the module (psmouse) and evdev didn’t recognize the touchpad. I tried to use a different Kernel (linux-XPS13) wich uses the same Cypress touchpad, but there is no difference.

Can any one help me? Why the Cypress touchpad works out of the box in the live enviorment, but not in an fresh installed system. Is it only the difference between Kernel 3.15.x to 3.17.x, and is there a fix for that, or did i miss something. I compared the loaded modules and the XOrg.conf of both systems. The only difference is the psmouse module and the missing Cypress device by dmesg.

I’m thankful for every help.

Regards,

Elazar

Posts 3Views 817