• [Solved] Missing grub command / reinstall grub

I just reinstalled Windows 7 which deletes grub bootloader, so I have to reinstall grub on my linux distro.

However, in all the guides I’ve found, I’m supposed to open the grub command shell, but it doesn’t seem to exist in my Antergos installation. I’ve tried locate *grub, and it should be in /sbin/ or something like that, but it’s not.

So, I need with either or both:

1. Getting grub command shell
    2. Reinstalling grub without grub command shell
  • I just reinstalled Windows 7 which deletes grub bootloader, so I have to reinstall grub on my linux distro.

However, in all the guides I’ve found, I’m supposed to open the grub command shell, but it doesn’t seem to exist in my Antergos installation. I’ve tried locate *grub, and it should be in /sbin/ or something like that, but it’s not.

So, I need with either or both:

1. Getting grub command shell
    2. Reinstalling grub without grub command shell
  • Hi,

You can boot using the Live ISO and fix grub like this:[command:2f9vrady]su
    pacman -S arch-install-scripts --noconfirm
    mount /dev/sdaX /mnt # change “sdaX” to the correct identifier for the Antergos Root partition
    mount /dev/sdaX /mnt/boot # If you chose to have your /boot on separate partition, you must mount it as well
    arch-chroot /mnt
    grub-install --target=i386-pc --recheck --debug /dev/sda # Do not include a partition number, just sda (or sdb if applies to you)
    grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
    exit[/command:2f9vrady]That should get you back up and running. Let me know if you have questions.

Best Regards,

• Thanks for the help, it worked!

• You’re welcome! :-)

Posts 5Views 5678