• Unwanted drag-maximize window, how to stop?

Hi, I’m new to Antegros and Gnome, so please bear with me.

1. Some common Linux distributions have fine mouse contol settings, allowing to increase unwanted drag threshold to, say, 20-25 px to avoid unintentional drag-and-drop problem.

2. Same distributions have fine tuning of Windows behaviour:

• Snap to edge of screen (on-off), this opens each window at the left top corner.
    • Or open windows in the center of screen.
    • Clicking on window title bar maximizes window (on-off options).

I couldn’t find them in Antegros with Gnome, are they available at all?

I’m trying to solve unwanted drag and maximimize problem: every time Firefox starts in top left corner (my managment and reference area), I have to drag it to the right by title bar. This frequently maximizes window.

I would like very much to stop maximizing without explicit use of “Maximize” buttom in top right coner of every window. Mmmm, now I noticed that Firefox doesn’t have Maximize and Minimize buttons, only Close (x)… Is this normal?

Thank you.

• Hi, I’m new to Antegros and Gnome, so please bear with me.

1. Some common Linux distributions have fine mouse contol settings, allowing to increase unwanted drag threshold to, say, 20-25 px to avoid unintentional drag-and-drop problem.

2. Same distributions have fine tuning of Windows behaviour:

• Snap to edge of screen (on-off), this opens each window at the left top corner.
    • Or open windows in the center of screen.
    • Clicking on window title bar maximizes window (on-off options).

I couldn’t find them in Antegros with Gnome, are they available at all?

I’m trying to solve unwanted drag and maximimize problem: every time Firefox starts in top left corner (my managment and reference area), I have to drag it to the right by title bar. This frequently maximizes window.

I would like very much to stop maximizing without explicit use of “Maximize” buttom in top right coner of every window. Mmmm, now I noticed that Firefox doesn’t have Maximize and Minimize buttons, only Close (x)… Is this normal?

Thank you.

• first of all,
    in the tweaks app you can set under Windows tab to have always the minimize and maximized icons.
    second, there all a lots of extensions to be used in that matter such as ShellShape

Posts 3Views 1160