• \[SOLVED\] PackmanXG: error: package 'calligra-krita' not found

It’s me again. Thank all who helped me with the same problem for Firefox, now the same happens with another package: “calligra-krita”. At the bottom of PackmanXG’s window it shows: “error: package ‘calligra-krita’ not found”. Mirrors are already synchronized.

Can you help with information 1) how install it, and 2) how uninstall it, just in case?
    I, likely, will be doing Krita installation as described here: [url:1muvvxts]http://www.davidrevoy.com/article193/guide-building-krita-on-linux-for-cats[/url:1muvvxts], so, if auto-install through software manager fails, all calligra packages have to be removed before manual install.

And another thing:for manual install of Krita all its dependencies have to be installed: >Arch Linux & Manjaro

All the dependencies used for building Calligra can be installed by running:

sudo pacman -Sy automoc4 git cmake make kdepimlibs eigen freetds kdegraphics-okular libgsf libwpd libwpg libwps pstoedit glew gsl cmake automoc4 boost libkdcraw libpqxx fftw lcms2 vc
    ( Note : Manual installation of some packages may be needed, since the package manager (pacman) may miss certain packages during installation. Use pacman -S <package_name> to install missing package.)
    Source: [url:1muvvxts]https://community.kde.org/Calligra/Building#Arch_Linux_.26_Manjaro[/url:1muvvxts]

What should I do, type in terminal: “sudo packman -Sy automot4”, “sudo packman -Sy git” and so on for each package? Sorry about this silly question, I’m new to this, but willing to learn.

Thank you.

• It’s me again. Thank all who helped me with the same problem for Firefox, now the same happens with another package: “calligra-krita”. At the bottom of PackmanXG’s window it shows: “error: package ‘calligra-krita’ not found”. Mirrors are already synchronized.

Can you help with information 1) how install it, and 2) how uninstall it, just in case?
    I, likely, will be doing Krita installation as described here: [url:1muvvxts]http://www.davidrevoy.com/article193/guide-building-krita-on-linux-for-cats[/url:1muvvxts], so, if auto-install through software manager fails, all calligra packages have to be removed before manual install.

And another thing:for manual install of Krita all its dependencies have to be installed: >Arch Linux & Manjaro

All the dependencies used for building Calligra can be installed by running:

sudo pacman -Sy automoc4 git cmake make kdepimlibs eigen freetds kdegraphics-okular libgsf libwpd libwpg libwps pstoedit glew gsl cmake automoc4 boost libkdcraw libpqxx fftw lcms2 vc
    ( Note : Manual installation of some packages may be needed, since the package manager (pacman) may miss certain packages during installation. Use pacman -S <package_name> to install missing package.)
    Source: [url:1muvvxts]https://community.kde.org/Calligra/Building#Arch_Linux_.26_Manjaro[/url:1muvvxts]

What should I do, type in terminal: “sudo packman -Sy automot4”, “sudo packman -Sy git” and so on for each package? Sorry about this silly question, I’m new to this, but willing to learn.

Thank you.

• I think you have a typo…check again using PacmanXG. The package is “calligra-krita” (you only used one L )

• The typo was in thread title, sorry, but not in text. I used PacmanXG and chose “calligra-krita”. At the bottom of PacmanXG are tabs for screenshot, dependencies - the error is here, “error: no package found”.

• Thats because you have not installed it. Certain package information is not available until it is installed.

Cheers!

• Using pacmanXG You should find the package, right-click on it, mark it as “install/update” and thet click on the button, that will execute command (“V” like sign on the upper bar). That should install krita.

PacmanXG sometimes don’t show package infos. I don’t know why, but I rarely use it, so I wasn’t looking for fix for that.

• @“Alphanumerix”:rn1kw8sn said:

PacmanXG sometimes don’t show package infos. I don’t know why, but I rarely use it, so I wasn’t looking for fix for that.[/quote:rn1kw8sn]Just to clarify, pacman only has access to basic package info (name, version, short description) until it is installed. This is not a limitation of PacmanXG, it is just how pacman works currently.

Cheers!

• @“Alphanumerix”:312n9plb said:

Using pacmanXG You should find the package, right-click on it, mark it as “install/update” and thet click on the button, that will execute command (“V” like sign on the upper bar). That should install krita.

PacmanXG sometimes don’t show package infos. I don’t know why, but I rarely use it, so I wasn’t looking for fix for that.[/quote:312n9plb]
    This is exactly what I needed, at my level as user. Thank you very much, it worked!

Thanks, everybody!

It would be nice to be able to see this info (how to use PacmanXG) in one place with installation notes, without have to bother a lot of peoples on forum. I couldn’t find this info in time, “+” or “x” didn’t work, and who could know what “V” means, GUI has no Help at all (or at least I couldn’t find it) and tooltips show only keyboard shortcuts.

Posts 8Views 1396