• \[SOLVED\] What to do? error: package 'firefox' fot found

Hello, I’m complete newbie to Antegros and after successful installation (default Gnome desktop) can’t do even basic operations: install Firefox and Krita.

At start, PackmanGX main screen shows errors for yaourt, /etc/yaourtrc and repackman (this last doesn’t matter, as was written in another post at this forum).

If enter in PackmanGX’s search “Firefox” or “Krita”, package name appears, with no details at the bottom, only “error: package … not found”, with no actions available (such as Install, pressing X doesn’t do anything).

I believe that Antegros installation was successful, checksum of the .iso was correct, with no visible errors during installation. Am I missing something obvious or PackmanGX is simply not working? Or should I reinstall with AUR repositories added (are they safe)?

I’m new to Antegros, but have already several years of experience with Puppy Linux and Linux Mint. Not actually a command line person, apart from occasional Oracle Java or Comodo installation.

Thank you.

• Hello, I’m complete newbie to Antegros and after successful installation (default Gnome desktop) can’t do even basic operations: install Firefox and Krita.

At start, PackmanGX main screen shows errors for yaourt, /etc/yaourtrc and repackman (this last doesn’t matter, as was written in another post at this forum).

If enter in PackmanGX’s search “Firefox” or “Krita”, package name appears, with no details at the bottom, only “error: package … not found”, with no actions available (such as Install, pressing X doesn’t do anything).

I believe that Antegros installation was successful, checksum of the .iso was correct, with no visible errors during installation. Am I missing something obvious or PackmanGX is simply not working? Or should I reinstall with AUR repositories added (are they safe)?

I’m new to Antegros, but have already several years of experience with Puppy Linux and Linux Mint. Not actually a command line person, apart from occasional Oracle Java or Comodo installation.

Thank you.

• Welcome!

I think this might help you:
    1. Run terminal and try “sudo pacman -Syyuu”. It will pull newest repositories info and upgrade system (if there is anything you can upgrade/update). Then try to type “sudo pacman -S firefox” (or use PacmanXG to do this).
    2. If above wont work, go to pacman.conf with “sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf”, scroll down and make sure that repositories core, extra (Firefox is in this repo), community, and antergos (and multilib, if your system is x64) are uncommented. Then perform step one once again.

I know, that terminal might be scary, but sadly, I don’t know how to do this using PacmanXG :p Anyway, if above steps will help, you will be able to install Firefox using PacmanXG as well.

I hope, that this will help you :)

• Hi,

You just need to sync the repos. You can do it from within PacmanXG. It’s under Tasks>>Synchronize Mirrors

Cheers!

• Thank you! It worked like a charm:
    first, in PackmanGX: Tasks > Synchronize Mirrors, then in Terminal: "“sudo pacman -S firefox” .

Now I have working system :)

Posts 5Views 1524