• What is the right way to replace mesa with mesa-git ?

i am new to arch. i want to use latest mesa & i believe it can be installed using mesa-git.
    the issue for me right now i have mesa installed on system.

pacmanXG shows the following mesa packages installed :
    mesa-10.3.2-1
    mesa-dri-10.3.2-1
    mesa-libgl-10.3.2-1
    mesa-vdpau-10.3.2-1
    lib32-libtxc_dxtn
    lib32-mesa
    lib32-mesa-dri
    lib32-mesa-libgl
    libtxc_dxtn

the issues are :
    [1] do i need 1st remove all the above mesa packages before installing mesa-git ?
    [2] can i install mesa-git first & then remove mesa ? which one is the best option [1] or [2] ?
    [3] does installation of mesa-git will pull all of the above packages from aur ?
    [4] do i need to configure anything extra, for example pacman, etc.

thanks for your time & patience.

• i am new to arch. i want to use latest mesa & i believe it can be installed using mesa-git.
    the issue for me right now i have mesa installed on system.

pacmanXG shows the following mesa packages installed :
    mesa-10.3.2-1
    mesa-dri-10.3.2-1
    mesa-libgl-10.3.2-1
    mesa-vdpau-10.3.2-1
    lib32-libtxc_dxtn
    lib32-mesa
    lib32-mesa-dri
    lib32-mesa-libgl
    libtxc_dxtn

the issues are :
    [1] do i need 1st remove all the above mesa packages before installing mesa-git ?
    [2] can i install mesa-git first & then remove mesa ? which one is the best option [1] or [2] ?
    [3] does installation of mesa-git will pull all of the above packages from aur ?
    [4] do i need to configure anything extra, for example pacman, etc.

thanks for your time & patience.

• Hi,

With a rolling-release distribution like Antergos/Arch the latest versions of packages are made available almost as soon as they are released. It is very different from distros on a standard release schedule where a dev or git package gives you the latest version. Basically, installing a dev or git version in a regular distro get you the same version that you have normally on Antergos/Arch (dev/git versions on an Arch based system are usually not intended for use by non-developers as they literally follow the code base as it changes in active development)

Best Regards,

• The Linux library on steam work good and stream work good too even on wifi, PoL is very usefull to install easely GoG games. I even play Eartstone on my laptop.

Get fast success in [cissp certification training course[/url:3nuaj2d7] and \url=h…

Posts 4Views 1995