• Display refresh/update problem

I’m not sure where this is supposed to go so I’ll just put it here.

I’m experiencing a problem with the refreshing of my graphics.

For example; when I type something, I have to type two letters for the first one to show up, or three for the second one to show up on the screen.

When scrolling, the screen doesn’t update the last ‘scroll’. It scrolls down but doesn’t do the final frame so to speak.
    If I then click on something on slightly move the scroll-bar the screen suddenly updates to what it is supposed to display.

When I click an image on a website, it won’t display until I scroll.

Basically it seems like the graphics system doesn’t realise when something has changed and doesn’t get the signal to update.
    It happens in multiple programs, not just Firefox. I also get this in say, Emacs, Nemo and Thunar.

I’m experiencing this problem in both Cinnamon and Herbstluftwm.
    I’ve tried setting up compton and dcompmgr(seperately of course), neither solved the problem, but suggestions for configurations for these are welcome.

I’m using the nvidia driver, and my GPU is nVidia GeForce 460GTX(GF104).

Thank you for your time!

Kind regards,
    Sjors van Gelderen

• I’m not sure where this is supposed to go so I’ll just put it here.

I’m experiencing a problem with the refreshing of my graphics.

For example; when I type something, I have to type two letters for the first one to show up, or three for the second one to show up on the screen.

When scrolling, the screen doesn’t update the last ‘scroll’. It scrolls down but doesn’t do the final frame so to speak.
    If I then click on something on slightly move the scroll-bar the screen suddenly updates to what it is supposed to display.

When I click an image on a website, it won’t display until I scroll.

Basically it seems like the graphics system doesn’t realise when something has changed and doesn’t get the signal to update.
    It happens in multiple programs, not just Firefox. I also get this in say, Emacs, Nemo and Thunar.

I’m experiencing this problem in both Cinnamon and Herbstluftwm.
    I’ve tried setting up compton and dcompmgr(seperately of course), neither solved the problem, but suggestions for configurations for these are welcome.

I’m using the nvidia driver, and my GPU is nVidia GeForce 460GTX(GF104).

Thank you for your time!

Kind regards,
    Sjors van Gelderen

• Maybe some ‘nvidia driver’ update screwed it.

Try using open source driver.

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• I installed Nouveau.
    If I don’t post again that probably solved my problem.
    Too bad the regular nvidia driver doesn’t work in that case.

Posts 4Views 1025