• Changing DE

One of the amazing benefits of Antergos as a distro is that it’s ready out-of-the-box yet still carries the soul of an Arch distribution. My question is if it’s possible to change my Desktop Environment as if I had installed to that one in the first place instead. ie. I installed and used the GNOME DE which comes with an assortment of default programs such as Nautilus, XNoise, etc. Is there a simple way to replace my current DE with something else, such as cinnamon, while getting the same functionality as I would had I picked it at the initial installation?

• One of the amazing benefits of Antergos as a distro is that it’s ready out-of-the-box yet still carries the soul of an Arch distribution. My question is if it’s possible to change my Desktop Environment as if I had installed to that one in the first place instead. ie. I installed and used the GNOME DE which comes with an assortment of default programs such as Nautilus, XNoise, etc. Is there a simple way to replace my current DE with something else, such as cinnamon, while getting the same functionality as I would had I picked it at the initial installation?

• Switching to Cinnamon from GNOME can be done safely and easily without having to run the installer over again. This may change in the coming months because the cinnamon devs have announced that it will no longer use/follow GNOME’s code base and by version 2.0 will be completely independent. For now, all you have to do is install cinnamon by running the command below and then select Cinnamon at the GDM login screen.

sudo pacman -S cinnamon

Posts 3Views 1888