• Firefox 33

I am getting a frozen browser with multiple tabs open. Anyone else have the issue?

I opened Firefox in terminal and get:

firefox

(process:12075): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion ‘sys_page_size == 0’ failed

This seems to be an Arch issue. I have been looking for a fix for several days to no avail.

Any ideas are appreciated!

• I am getting a frozen browser with multiple tabs open. Anyone else have the issue?

I opened Firefox in terminal and get:

firefox

(process:12075): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion ‘sys_page_size == 0’ failed

This seems to be an Arch issue. I have been looking for a fix for several days to no avail.

Any ideas are appreciated!

• I have all my logs in tmp/logs. When I try to create the archive in terminal I get:

tar -cf logs.tar /tmp/Logs
    tar: Removing leading `/’ from member names
    tar: /tmp/Logs/lightdm.log.old: Cannot open: Permission denied
    tar: /tmp/Logs/lightdm.log: Cannot open: Permission denied
    tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

I have no idea what I’m doing wrong, but it is frustrating.

• That might be it, then again it might not, who can say…

• Hi,

Post your xsession-errors file after a freeze occurs. Thanks.

• same here, xsession shows nothing at all

• --- - 2014-10-20 09:58:52.329429875 -0400  
    +++ /home/chazdg50/.xsession-errors 2014-10-20 09:58:52.303939484 -0400  
    @@ -1743,3 +1743,45 @@  
    kwrite(2788) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses" refers to unknown mimetype "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.template.macroEnabled.12"   
    kwrite(2788) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses" refers to unknown mimetype "application/vnd.ms-word.document.macroEnabled.12"   
    kwrite(2788) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses" refers to unknown mimetype "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.slide.macroEnabled.12"   
    +kwin(748) KWin::Client::readUserTimeMapTimestamp: User timestamp, ASN: 4294967295  
    +kwin(748) KWin::Client::readUserTimeMapTimestamp: User timestamp, final: 'ID: 88080406 ;WMCLASS: "kwrite" : "kwrite" ;Caption: "Untitled -- KWrite" ' : 822838  
    +kwin(748) KWin::Workspace::allowClientActivation: Activation, compared: 'ID: 88080406 ;WMCLASS: "kwrite" : "kwrite" ;Caption: "Untitled -- KWrite" ' : 822838 : 819937 : true  
    +kwin(748) KWin::Workspace::updateClientArea: screens: 1 desktops: 1  
    +kwin(748) KWin::Workspace::updateClientArea: Done.  
    +NETWM: Warning readIcon() needs buffer adjustment!  
    +kwin(748) KWin::Client::readUserTimeMapTimestamp: User timestamp, ASN: 828601  
    +kwin(748) KWin::Client::readUserTimeMapTimestamp: User timestamp, final: 'ID: 88080573 ;WMCLASS: "kwrite" : "kwrite" ;Caption: "File Changed on Disk -- KWrite" ' : 828601  
    +kwin(748) KWin::Workspace::allowClientActivation: Activation: Belongs to active application  
    +kwin(748) KWin::Client::readUserTimeMapTimestamp: User timestamp, ASN: 859720  
    +kwin(748) KWin::Client::readUserTimeMapTimestamp: User timestamp, final: 'ID: 88080595 ;WMCLASS: "kwrite" : "kwrite" ;Caption: "File Changed on Disk -- KWrite" ' : 859720  
    +kwin(748) KWin::Workspace::allowClientActivation: Activation: Belongs to active application  
    +kwin(748) KWin::Client::readUserTimeMapTimestamp: User timestamp, ASN: 868248  
    +kwin(748) KWin::Client::readUserTimeMapTimestamp: User timestamp, final: 'ID: 88080606 ;WMCLASS: "kwrite" : "kwrite" ;Caption: "File Changed on Disk -- KWrite" ' : 868248  
    +kwin(748) KWin::Client::readUserTimeMapTimestamp: User timestamp, ASN: 874192  
    +kwin(748) KWin::Client::readUserTimeMapTimestamp: User timestamp, final: 'ID: 88080632 ;WMCLASS: "kwrite" : "kwrite" ;Caption: "You Are on Your Own -- KWrite" ' : 874192  
    +plasma-desktop(758)/plasma StatusNotifierItemSource::refreshCallback: DBusMenu disabled for this application   
    +diff "-u" - "/home/chazdg50/.xsession-errors"   

The problem is flash as far I can tell and it occurs with Arch based systems. Firefox is fine with Ubuntu and Windows 7.

Edit: I just figured out the tar bit here are both xsessions and xsessions.log.old

• Nothing stands out in the xsession log except for this:

error running command on input data: "/usr/bin/sh: warning: setlocale: LC\_ALL: cannot change locale (utf-8)

Its probably unrelated but I’d still look into it.

• @“lots.0.logs”:1ld5yqgi said:

Nothing stands out in the xsession log except for this:

error running command on input data: "/usr/bin/sh: warning: setlocale: LC\_ALL: cannot change locale (utf-8)

Its probably unrelated but I’d still look into it.[/quote:1ld5yqgi]

I always get that with PacmanXG. I just ignore it or update via terminal.

• I just installed an update to Firefox 33. So far so good.

• @“parkslope”:3oj69wab said:

I always get that with PacmanXG. I just ignore it or update via terminal.[/quote:3oj69wab]This implies there’s something wrong with your systems locale configuration. It could be nothing but it’s definitely not normal. Some files to check are:

~/.bashrc  
    > ~/.bash\_profile  
    > ~/.profile  
    > /etc/environment  
    > /etc/bash.bashrc  
    > /etc/locale.conf  
    > /etc/profile

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:13oj4yzq said:

@“parkslope”:13oj4yzq said:

I always get that with PacmanXG. I just ignore it or update via terminal.[/quote:13oj4yzq]This implies there’s something wrong with your systems locale configuration. It could be nothing but it’s definitely not normal. Some files to check are:

~/.bashrc  
    > > ~/.bash\_profile  
    > > ~/.profile  
    > > /etc/environment  
    > > /etc/bash.bashrc  
    > > /etc/locale.conf  
    > > /etc/profile

Cheers![/quote:13oj4yzq]
    I booted up and unfortunately I have no internet service in Antergos, only. Ubuntu and Windows 7 work fine. I am hard wired into my desktop, no wireless router. I assume you need logs which I can provide.

Is there anything you or someone can suggest to get the internet up and running so I can provide the logs for review? It seems I am having more problems in recent days after setting up my system.

I have just spent an hour reviewing the Arch wiki and am totally overwhelmed by the expansive information they give.

Thanks.

Edit: Via the Manjaro wiki, I was able to ascertain that the NetworkManager is enabled.

Now I’m stuck and busy so I will need to stick with Ubuntu for now.

Can anybody help? :)

• Still no internet. Rebooted into advanced options in Grub went into a Terminal Ctrl+Alt+F2 and ran ‘sudo pacman -Syyu’.

System updated. Rebooted and the internet is back. What happened? I really didn’t think that would work.

I have limited time so it would be helpful if someone can let me know if all logs are required or if we can pinpoint one to help diagnose the issue.

Thanks…

• @“parkslope”:3jjsmemk said:

@“lots.0.logs”:3jjsmemk said:

@“parkslope”:3jjsmemk said:

I always get that with PacmanXG. I just ignore it or update via terminal.[/quote:3jjsmemk]This implies there’s something wrong with your systems locale configuration. It could be nothing but it’s definitely not normal. Some files to check are:

~/.bashrc  
    > > > ~/.bash\_profile  
    > > > ~/.profile  
    > > > /etc/environment  
    > > > /etc/bash.bashrc  
    > > > /etc/locale.conf  
    > > > /etc/profile

Cheers![/quote:3jjsmemk]
    I booted up and unfortunately I have no internet service in Antergos, only. Ubuntu and Windows 7 work fine. I am hard wired into my desktop, no wireless router. I assume you need logs which I can provide.

Is there anything you or someone can suggest to get the internet up and running so I can provide the logs for review? It seems I am having more problems in recent days after setting up my system.

I have just spent an hour reviewing the Arch wiki and am totally overwhelmed by the expansive information they give.

Thanks.

Edit: Via the Manjaro wiki, I was able to ascertain that the NetworkManager is enabled.

Now I’m stuck and busy so I will need to stick with Ubuntu for now.

Can anybody help? :)[/quote:3jjsmemk]
    I finally got around to looking into this issue. I could be missing something, but my /etc/locale.conf shows my local configuration correct as LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8

The one thing I did notice was that I do no have a ~/.profile. Further, when I set my locale in PacmanXG I notice the next time I use it, the locale is blank again. I can post the files referenced above if that will help as I’m not sure what I’m looking for.

Thanks.

Posts 14Views 1783