• Random Freezes

Hi,

its not a real newbie question, but I don’t know where else to post this.

I use the XFCE Antergos. Sometimes my whole system freezes without any error messages.
    Then I can’t use my desktop or different applications with mouse or keyboard.
    Weird thing is: I can start apps like firefox via Synapse hotkeys and use them with keyboard commands, but just the recent opened.

All I can do is to reset my PC hard. Terminal won’t do a restart or logout.

What the heck is this?

• Hi,

its not a real newbie question, but I don’t know where else to post this.

I use the XFCE Antergos. Sometimes my whole system freezes without any error messages.
    Then I can’t use my desktop or different applications with mouse or keyboard.
    Weird thing is: I can start apps like firefox via Synapse hotkeys and use them with keyboard commands, but just the recent opened.

All I can do is to reset my PC hard. Terminal won’t do a restart or logout.

What the heck is this?

• I face pretty similar issue almost every second day. Except that even keyboard keys don’t work in my ‘freezes’. Mouse moves thought, but i can’t click anywhere.

In that case, I open a different session Ctrl+Alt+F2 and close the X of first session(using system monitor/taskmanager) and continue working in the second session…

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Ah, I didn’t thougt about that.
    But this is just a kludge, not a solution.
    Do you also use XFCE?

@Devs: is there a way we can support you fixing this issue?

• Yeah, not really a solution, and I don’t think anyone here would have a solution for that(except for devs).(maybe it’s because of some GTK stability bug)
    No, I use Gnome currently, gonna Move to openbox with the next antergos release.

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Hm, but then it has to be with every Linux, doesn’t it?

I never had those problems with any other distro.

• I’ve used ubuntu and couple of Ubuntu based distros and Arch turned out to be more stable than those.(On my laptop)
    This is happening just recently, that too mostly when I try to run Metro 2033 with wine.(maybe because I made my arch much more bloated than Ubuntu)

Those ubuntu and based distros used to hang even on normal internet browsing xD

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Never had those issues with Arch + XFCE or Manjaro XFCE. :(
    Did not used Ubuntu since 12.04.

• Then it must be because of some new update.

GTK was updated just few weeks ago…

We surely need the devs here now

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Hi,

Please post your journal and xsession logs immediately following an occurrence of the issue. Thanks.

Best Regards,

• Where can I access the journal?
    When xsession is frozen and I open another one (F2) is the log still the same or a new one?

• Check the announcement in this forum for instructions on obtaining the logs :-)

• K, but, does it makes sense to open a second x-session to copy the x-log for session 1?

• The first session will be ~/.xsession-errors.old

Cheers!

• I am unsing the OB release now, and got no freeze since install on Saturday.

• Today I got a freeze at the login screen after sending my password.
    There was no chance to access the a second X or tty.

Is this a common bug?

• Is this a common bug?

Of course not! I use Openbox with lightdm daily and never experienced this. Are you using lightdm? Automatic login?

These type of freezes sometimes are related to the graphics card driver. If you experience it again please post here the logs as lots.0.logs suggested.

Cheers!

• If lightdm is the standard, I use it. Out of the Box.
    And its login with password, and after entering it, and pressing enter the text field disappear and thats it until hard reset.

I experienced this with my new PC (nvidia non-free) and my thinkpad x200 (free, intel).

If I get it again, I try to access the logs.

• I finally got a log. This was a long session until logout (because Steam would not close). Then I just can’t reenter. I dont know, where the “new” stucked session started. :(

Conky: /home/USER/.config/conky.conf: 37: no such configuration: 'maximum\_height'  
    Conky: desktop window (1d8) is root window  
    Conky: window type - normal  
    Conky: drawing to created window (0x1600001)  
    tint2 : nb monitor 1, nb monitor used 1, nb desktop 2  
    Conky: drawing to double buffer  
    tint2 : pixmap background detection failed  

(volumeicon:2536): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(dropbox:2540): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(process:2733): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  

(firefox:2733): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(process:2763): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] attached to process.  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] checking environment variable PIPELIGHT\_SILVERLIGHT5\_1\_CONFIG.  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] searching for config file pipelight-silverlight5.1\.  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/home/USER/.config/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/etc/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/usr/share/pipelight/configs/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] sandbox not found or not installed!  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] using wine prefix directory /home/USER/.wine-pipelight.  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] checking plugin installation - this might take some time.  

(thunderbird:2763): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

fixme:winediag:start\_process Wine-Compholio is a Wine testing version containing experimental patches.  
    fixme:winediag:start\_process Please don't report bugs at winehq.org and use our issue tracker instead:  
    fixme:winediag:start\_process https://github.com/compholio/wine-compholio/issues  
    wine: cannot find L"C:\\\\windows\\\\system32\\\\winemenubuilder.exe"  
    err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\\\windows\\\\system32\\\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] embedded mode is on.  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] windowless mode is off.  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] linux windowless mode is off.  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] force SetWindow is off.  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] window class hook is on.  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] strict draw ordering is off.  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] replaced API function CreateWindowExA.  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] replaced API function CreateWindowExW.  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] replaced API function TrackPopupMenuEx.  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] replaced API function TrackPopupMenu.  
    fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x7522a7, 0x7f0120, {aa087e0e-0b35-4e28-8f3a-440c3f51eef1}, 1, 0x6df648, (null), (null), 0x7f0120): stub  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] init successful!  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] OpenGL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] OpenGL Renderer: GeForce GTX 750/PCIe/SSE2  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] Your GPU is in the whitelist, hardware acceleration should work.  
    [2841:2841:1105/085250:ERROR:browser\_main\_loop.cc(190)] GTK theme error: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

[2841:2841:1105/085250:ERROR:desktop\_window\_tree\_host\_x11.cc(1547)] Not implemented reached in void views::DesktopWindowTreeHostX11::MapWindow(ui::WindowShowState)  

(rhythmbox:3095): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files  

(rhythmbox:3095): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(rhythmbox:3095): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: The property GtkWidget:margin-left is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.  

(rhythmbox:3095): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: The property GtkWidget:margin-right is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.  

(rhythmbox:3095): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Duplicate child name in GtkStack: Add to Playlist  

(rhythmbox:3095): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Duplicate child name in GtkStack: Add to Playlist  

(rhythmbox:3095): Rhythmbox-WARNING \*\*: Unable to grab media player keys: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SettingsDaemon was not provided by any .service files  

(firefox:2733): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: IA\_\_gtk\_clipboard\_set\_with\_data: assertion 'targets != NULL' failed  

(thunderbird:2763): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: IA\_\_gtk\_text\_buffer\_get\_insert: assertion 'GTK\_IS\_TEXT\_BUFFER (buffer)' failed  

(thunderbird:2763): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: IA\_\_gtk\_text\_buffer\_get\_iter\_at\_mark: assertion 'GTK\_IS\_TEXT\_MARK (mark)' failed  

(thunderbird:2763): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: \_gtk\_text\_layout\_get\_block\_cursor: assertion 'layout != NULL' failed  

(thunderbird:2763): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: IA\_\_gtk\_text\_layout\_get\_cursor\_locations: assertion 'layout != NULL' failed  

(thunderbird:2763): Gdk-CRITICAL \*\*: gdk\_window\_invalidate\_rect\_full: assertion 'GDK\_IS\_WINDOW (window)' failed  

(thunderbird:2763): Gdk-CRITICAL \*\*: gdk\_window\_invalidate\_rect\_full: assertion 'GDK\_IS\_WINDOW (window)' failed  

(thunderbird:2763): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: IA\_\_gtk\_text\_buffer\_get\_insert: assertion 'GTK\_IS\_TEXT\_BUFFER (buffer)' failed  

(thunderbird:2763): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: IA\_\_gtk\_text\_buffer\_get\_iter\_at\_mark: assertion 'GTK\_IS\_TEXT\_MARK (mark)' failed  

(thunderbird:2763): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: \_gtk\_text\_layout\_get\_block\_cursor: assertion 'layout != NULL' failed  

(thunderbird:2763): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: IA\_\_gtk\_text\_layout\_get\_cursor\_locations: assertion 'layout != NULL' failed  

(process:3502): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  
    [3538:3538:1105/092428:ERROR:browser\_main\_loop.cc(190)] GTK theme error: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

[3538:3538:1105/092428:ERROR:desktop\_window\_tree\_host\_x11.cc(1547)] Not implemented reached in void views::DesktopWindowTreeHostX11::MapWindow(ui::WindowShowState)  
    [WARNING:flash/platform/pepper/pep\_module.cpp(63)] SANDBOXED  
    [3538:3564:1105/092502:ERROR:channel.cc(316)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)  
    [3538:3564:1105/092513:ERROR:channel.cc(316)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)  
    [3538:3564:1105/092627:ERROR:channel.cc(316)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)  
    /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/terminatorlib/window.py:63: Warning: The property GtkWindow:allow-shrink is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.  
    self.set\_property('allow-shrink', True)  
    /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/terminatorlib/window.py:384: GtkWarning: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

self.present()  
    <Window object at 0x7facdb0bb370 (terminatorlib+window+Window at 0x281c070)\> is not in registered window list  
    [3538:3564:1105/102108:ERROR:channel.cc(316)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)  

(soffice:4302): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

[3538:3564:1105/104017:ERROR:socket\_stream.cc(203)] Closing stream with result -101  
    [3538:3592:1105/104825:ERROR:get\_updates\_processor.cc(240)] PostClientToServerMessage() failed during GetUpdates  

(openbox:2517): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 140 was not found when attempting to remove it  
    [3538:3564:1105/110034:ERROR:socket\_stream.cc(203)] Closing stream with result -101  
    [3538:3564:1105/110424:ERROR:channel.cc(316)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)  
    [3538:3564:1105/110441:ERROR:channel.cc(316)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)  
    GEGL-geglmodule.c-Message: Module '/usr/lib/gegl-0.2/ff-load.so' load error: /usr/lib/gegl-0.2/ff-load.so: undefined symbol: av\_read\_packet  

(gimp-2.8:4636): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

lcms: skipping conversion because profiles seem to be equal:  
    sRGB IEC61966-2.1  
    sRGB built-in  

(thunar:4666): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(gpicview:4682): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

While parsing XMP metadata:  
    Error on line 11 char 1: End of element <xmpMM:DerivedFrom\> not expected in this context  

Metadata parasite seems to be corrupt  
    libpng warning: known incorrect sRGB profile  
    libpng warning: profile matches sRGB but writing iCCP instead  

(gpicview:4703): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(gpicview:4709): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(gpicview:4714): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

Error on line 11 char 1: End of element <xmpMM:DerivedFrom\> not expected in this context  

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile  
    sRGB IEC61966-2.1  
    sRGB built-in  

(gpicview:4755): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(thunar:4776): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(process:4834): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  

(thunderbird:4834): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(thunderbird:4834): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: IA\_\_gtk\_clipboard\_set\_with\_data: assertion 'targets != NULL' failed  
    [3538:3564:1105/111737:ERROR:channel.cc(316)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)  
    [3570:3570:1105/104319:ERROR:gles2\_cmd\_decoder.cc(10361)] [.Compositor-0x160822ec8000]GL ERROR :GL\_INVALID\_OPERATION : glConsumeTextureCHROMIUM: invalid mailbox name  
    [3570:3570:1105/104319:ERROR:gles2\_cmd\_decoder.cc(6130)] [.Compositor-0x160822ec8000]RENDER WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering or is not 'texture complete'  
    [3570:3570:1105/104319:ERROR:gles2\_cmd\_decoder.cc(10361)] [.Compositor-0x160822ec8000]GL ERROR :GL\_INVALID\_OPERATION : glConsumeTextureCHROMIUM: invalid mailbox name  
    [3570:3570:1105/104319:ERROR:gles2\_cmd\_decoder.cc(6130)] [.Compositor-0x160822ec8000]RENDER WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering or is not 'texture complete'  
    [3538:3564:1105/114708:ERROR:channel.cc(316)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)  

(soffice:4971): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(process:5650): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  

(seamonkey:5650): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so [/opt/Adobe/Reader9/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32]  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] checking environment variable PIPELIGHT\_SILVERLIGHT5\_1\_CONFIG.  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/home/USER/.config/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/etc/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/usr/share/pipelight/configs/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] using wine prefix directory /home/USER/.wine-pipelight.  
    [PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] checking plugin installation - this might take some time.  
    fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x7522a7, 0x7f0120, {aa087e0e-0b35-4e28-8f3a-440c3f51eef1}, 1, 0x6df648, (null), (null), 0x7f0120): stub  
    [PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] Your GPU is in the whitelist, hardware acceleration should work.  
    [3538:3564:1105/121342:ERROR:channel.cc(316)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)  
    [3538:3564:1105/122706:ERROR:channel.cc(316)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)  

(gpicview:5944): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(openbox:2517): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 1104 was not found when attempting to remove it  
    [3538:3564:1105/123225:ERROR:channel.cc(316)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)  
    fixme:advapi:UnregisterTraceGuids 0: stub  
    GEGL-geglmodule.c-Message: Module '/usr/lib/gegl-0.2/ff-load.so' load error: /usr/lib/gegl-0.2/ff-load.so: undefined symbol: av\_read\_packet  

(gimp-2.8:7102): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

sRGB IEC61966-2.1  
    sRGB built-in  

(thunar:7133): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

Error on line 16 char 1: End of element <xmpMM:DerivedFrom\> not expected in this context  

sRGB IEC61966-2.1  
    sRGB built-in  

(gpicview:7166): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

[3538:3564:1105/130753:ERROR:channel.cc(316)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)  

(process:7499): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  

(firefox:7499): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(thunderbird:4834): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: IA\_\_gtk\_clipboard\_set\_with\_data: assertion 'targets != NULL' failed  
    [3538:3564:1105/131232:ERROR:channel.cc(316)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)  

(rhythmbox:7638): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files  

(rhythmbox:7638): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(rhythmbox:7638): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: The property GtkWidget:margin-left is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.  

(rhythmbox:7638): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: The property GtkWidget:margin-right is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.  

(rhythmbox:7638): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Duplicate child name in GtkStack: Add to Playlist  

(rhythmbox:7638): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Duplicate child name in GtkStack: Add to Playlist  

(rhythmbox:7638): Rhythmbox-WARNING \*\*: Unable to grab media player keys: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SettingsDaemon was not provided by any .service files  

(process:7889): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  

(firefox:7889): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

fixme:winediag:start\_process Wine-Compholio is a Wine testing version containing experimental patches.  
    fixme:winediag:start\_process Please don't report bugs at winehq.org and use our issue tracker instead:  
    fixme:winediag:start\_process https://github.com/compholio/wine-compholio/issues  
    err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\\\windows\\\\system32\\\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)  

(openbox:2517): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 1169 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(openbox:2517): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 1272 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(openbox:2517): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 1330 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(openbox:2517): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 1351 was not found when attempting to remove it  
    mv: '2014-11-05--1415191808\_1275x699\_scrot.png' and '/home/USER/2014-11-05--1415191808\_1275x699\_scrot.png' are the same file  

(gpicview:8243): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

[8250:8250:1105/135030:ERROR:browser\_main\_loop.cc(190)] GTK theme error: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

[8440:8440:1105/140219:ERROR:browser\_main\_loop.cc(190)] GTK theme error: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(process:8858): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  

(firefox:8858): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(thunar:8993): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(openbox:2517): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 1427 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(openbox:2517): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 1433 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(openbox-menu:9092): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(openbox:2517): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 1460 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(openbox:2517): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 1582 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(openbox:2517): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 1630 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(openbox:2517): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 1636 was not found when attempting to remove it  
    warning: The VAD has been replaced by a hack pending a complete rewrite  

(lxterminal:9137): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(rhythmbox:9157): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files  

(rhythmbox:9157): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(rhythmbox:9157): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: The property GtkWidget:margin-left is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.  

(rhythmbox:9157): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: The property GtkWidget:margin-right is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.  

(rhythmbox:9157): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Duplicate child name in GtkStack: Add to Playlist  

(rhythmbox:9157): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Duplicate child name in GtkStack: Add to Playlist  

(rhythmbox:9157): Rhythmbox-WARNING \*\*: Unable to grab media player keys: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SettingsDaemon was not provided by any .service files  
    g\_dbus\_connection\_real\_closed: Remote peer vanished with error: Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read (g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.  

(openbox:2517): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 1783 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(openbox-menu:9216): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(openbox:2517): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 1933 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(process:9464): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  

(thunderbird:9464): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(process:9524): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  

(firefox:9524): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(process:9637): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  

(firefox:9637): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

(firefox:9637): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: IA\_\_gtk\_clipboard\_set\_with\_data: assertion 'targets != NULL' failed  

(process:9907): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  

(thunderbird:9907): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: Theme directory 48x48/app of theme Numix-Square has no size field  

dropbox: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0\.  
    XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"  
    after 307979 requests (307979 known processed) with 1 events remaining.  

(volumeicon:2536): Gdk-WARNING \*\*: GdkWindow 0x1800003 unexpectedly destroyed  
    g\_dbus\_connection\_real\_closed: Remote peer vanished with error: Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read (g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.  
    after 5489651 requests (5489651 known processed) with 1 events remaining.  
    /home/USER/.config/openbox/autostart: line 8: xscreensaver: command not found  
    system-config-printer-applet: failed to connect to session D-Bus  

(parcellite:9995): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: cannot open display: :0  
    E: [pulseaudio] client-conf-x11.c: xcb\_connection\_has\_error() returned true  

\*\* (nm-applet:9994): WARNING \*\*: Could not open X display  
    Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused  

(nm-applet:9994): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: cannot open display: :0  
    Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyxcb\_connection\_has\_error() returned true  
    Failure: Module initialization failed  

• Hi,

You have silverlight installed (using a patched and unsupported Wine version). Do you really need this?

You also have other errors. For instance, the plugin /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so can’t be loaded. Did you install Adobe Reader? Why? You have evince for this. Believe me, if you have an open alternative it’s better to use it (if it works for you, of course).

Oh, and I can see some pepper plugin errors. Did you install it from AUR?

But the real problem is here:

dropbox: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0\.  
    after 307979 requests (307979 known processed) with 1 events remaining.  

(volumeicon:2536): Gdk-WARNING \*\*: GdkWindow 0x1800003 unexpectedly destroyed  
    after 5489651 requests (5489651 known processed) with 1 events remaining.  
    /home/USER/.config/openbox/autostart: line 8: xscreensaver: command not found  
    system-config-printer-applet: failed to connect to session D-Bus  

(parcellite:9995): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: cannot open display: :0  
    E: [pulseaudio] client-conf-x11.c: xcb\_connection\_has\_error() returned true  

\*\* (nm-applet:9994): WARNING \*\*: Could not open X display  
    Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused  

(nm-applet:9994): Gtk-WARNING \*\*: cannot open display: :0  
    Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyxcb\_connection\_has\_error() returned true  
    Failure: Module initialization failed  

Programs can’t connect to X, so it seems that X itself stops working.

Bear with me a little more… Which graphics card do you have? (do a lspci) and which driver are you using?

Posts 21Views 4606