6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Subject says it all

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Hi,

I was working on it last week… but I’m no expert in packages so my “minimal” iso was soooo big that it was pathetic.

I’m afraid I have to work on it a bit more, but atm I’m working on the new version of Cnchi (the installer).

Maybe Faidoc or lots.0.logs jump in with this, but they’re really busy with their jobs and lives.

So, to sum it up, it’s really difficult to say when, but we’re definitely working on it.

Cheers!

• Lol so “minimal” didn’t really turn out to be “minimal” xD

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Hi,

We won’t get anything lower than 400MB (which is my target), but my first attempt were 1.3GB!!! (I’m the worst package chooser ever)

If I have the time, I’ll try to work on it this weekend.

Cheers!

• Uhm I think it’s fine to just cancel out minimal ISO plan if you want.

400MB is your target, 7xxMB is Antergos Gnome… Doesn’t make much difference.
    Plus, my old computer(not capable of running Gnome) is not with me anymore. So, I don’t care what Live Session ISO offers anymore as in the end I can get my preferred Desktop.

BTW karasu, Last ISO I tried Installing was 2014.06. And the cnchi in it didn’t give any useful information about the installation progress… Like How much stuff is it gonna download, How much is downloaded, or not even a universal progress bar to tell how much is completed. I bet just like me, others too must have cancelled their installation during mid progress because of that. So, are you working on it in cnchi?

Cheers!

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• I will try to work on the minimal iso this weekend as well if time permits. What I’d like to do after we get the minimal iso situated is work out a functional method of proving Cnchi as a docker image. I have not looked into it much just had the idea and I think its a good one, I’ll just have to work out the details hehe

• cnchi.ISO ? OH YISSS

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• BTW karasu, Last ISO I tried Installing was 2014.06. And the cnchi in it didn’t give any useful information about the installation progress… Like How much stuff is it gonna download, How much is downloaded, or not even a universal progress bar to tell how much is completed. I bet just like me, others too must have cancelled their installation during mid progress because of that. So, are you working on it in cnchi?

Current development version shows a message like this while downloading packages:

downloading package foo version 1.1.... (3/647)

so you know how many packages you need to download and how many you have already downloaded.

Posts 9Views 2061