• No web browsers play sound from mp4 files

I don’t recall making any special changes to my system that could stop mp4 files from playing sound in browsers, but it just randomly happened about a week ago. I’ve checked that all gstreamer and gst packages are installed, and I’ve tried switching from ffmpeg to libav, all without success. Browsers play zero sound on sites like youtube and vimeo, but any sites still using flash videos play normally.
    I’ve tested google-chrome, google-chrome-dev, and firefox. Same issue on all of them. I have also tried opening local mp4 files in those browsers, and audio refused to play there as well. Any suggestions?

• I don’t recall making any special changes to my system that could stop mp4 files from playing sound in browsers, but it just randomly happened about a week ago. I’ve checked that all gstreamer and gst packages are installed, and I’ve tried switching from ffmpeg to libav, all without success. Browsers play zero sound on sites like youtube and vimeo, but any sites still using flash videos play normally.
    I’ve tested google-chrome, google-chrome-dev, and firefox. Same issue on all of them. I have also tried opening local mp4 files in those browsers, and audio refused to play there as well. Any suggestions?

• I don’t know if it is your case, but there was a bug in gst-vaapi. Try to remove it and try again, please.

It’s just browsers? Or you have also problems with totem (videos) app?

Cheers!

Posts 3Views 921