• High CPU load caused by systemd-journald and dhcpd

Hi,

I’ve got a problem with [i:1d4j1pir]systemd-journald [/i:1d4j1pir] and [i:1d4j1pir]dhcpd[/i:1d4j1pir] continually causing insanely high load on my dual-core laptop. [i:1d4j1pir]systemd-journald [/i:1d4j1pir] uses between 80 and 100 percent cpu, [i:1d4j1pir]dhcpd[/i:1d4j1pir] around 65 percent. It seems there is some kind of loop running or something.

[b:1d4j1pir]Edit:[/b:1d4j1pir] I just checked a few minutes ago (it’s the day after this post first got puiblished) and the high cpu load is non-existent. I’ll keep an eye on it.

I’ve looked around on the web and re-created the log folder plus fiddled around with the CUPS and avahi services, to no avail. I used the forum’s search function, but didn’t find anything related. Maybe I overlooked something?

My system is up-to-date, using Antergos 64 bit on a dual-core laptop with 4 GB of RAM.

Any hint is appreciated. I’ll keep researching the problem myself as well.

Cheers

• Hi,

I’ve got a problem with [i:1d4j1pir]systemd-journald [/i:1d4j1pir] and [i:1d4j1pir]dhcpd[/i:1d4j1pir] continually causing insanely high load on my dual-core laptop. [i:1d4j1pir]systemd-journald [/i:1d4j1pir] uses between 80 and 100 percent cpu, [i:1d4j1pir]dhcpd[/i:1d4j1pir] around 65 percent. It seems there is some kind of loop running or something.

[b:1d4j1pir]Edit:[/b:1d4j1pir] I just checked a few minutes ago (it’s the day after this post first got puiblished) and the high cpu load is non-existent. I’ll keep an eye on it.

I’ve looked around on the web and re-created the log folder plus fiddled around with the CUPS and avahi services, to no avail. I used the forum’s search function, but didn’t find anything related. Maybe I overlooked something?

My system is up-to-date, using Antergos 64 bit on a dual-core laptop with 4 GB of RAM.

Any hint is appreciated. I’ll keep researching the problem myself as well.

Cheers

Posts 2Views 1115