• How do I upload screenshots to pacmanXG server?

One big reason why I love pacmanXG is because of application screenshots.(which is very common in the apt-get GUI side but very rare in the arch side.)

I’ve tried few pacman GUI’s like gnome-packagekit, appset-qt and pacmanXG.

[gnome-packagekit[/url:1k4gz1ha] doesn’t show screenshots, doesn’t give any warning(you remove one package and it removes everything connected to it, no warning), basically nothing but a “pacman -S , -Ss, -R,” frontend but offers “install packages from tarballs”(you double-click on pkg.tar.xz and install it as if u’re installing a .apk in android).

The upcoming [gnome-software 3.14[/url:1k4gz1ha] seems to beat all other pacman GUI frontends in terms of looks.(can’t talkmuch about it now as it’s not yet implemented completely)

[appset-qt[/url:1k4gz1ha] again doesn’t show screenshots but has one nice feature of loading the project’s website directly in the UI. but constantly consumes 70-80MB RAM all the time(even after closing it, unless you do a “killall appset-qt”).

and PacmanXG[/url:1k4gz1ha], We know very less number of softwares come up with their screenshots in pacmanXG (compared to total no of packages).
    So, I just wanted to know if their’s any way that I can upload the screenshots of the softwares that i have installed in my system?
    ]2]1]0

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• One big reason why I love pacmanXG is because of application screenshots.(which is very common in the apt-get GUI side but very rare in the arch side.)

I’ve tried few pacman GUI’s like gnome-packagekit, appset-qt and pacmanXG.

[gnome-packagekit[/url:1k4gz1ha] doesn’t show screenshots, doesn’t give any warning(you remove one package and it removes everything connected to it, no warning), basically nothing but a “pacman -S , -Ss, -R,” frontend but offers “install packages from tarballs”(you double-click on pkg.tar.xz and install it as if u’re installing a .apk in android).

The upcoming [gnome-software 3.14[/url:1k4gz1ha] seems to beat all other pacman GUI frontends in terms of looks.(can’t talkmuch about it now as it’s not yet implemented completely)

[appset-qt[/url:1k4gz1ha] again doesn’t show screenshots but has one nice feature of loading the project’s website directly in the UI. but constantly consumes 70-80MB RAM all the time(even after closing it, unless you do a “killall appset-qt”).

and PacmanXG[/url:1k4gz1ha], We know very less number of softwares come up with their screenshots in pacmanXG (compared to total no of packages).
    So, I just wanted to know if their’s any way that I can upload the screenshots of the softwares that i have installed in my system?
    ]2]1]0

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Lol I just read this. ^

Sounds more like ‘my tour to different pacman frontends’ than a question.

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Hi,

Below where it says “No Screenshot” click the button that says “Make” I havent tested it but it should allow you to take a screenshot and then upload it. Let us know how it works :-)

• [img:1pjqdelw]http://www.imagesup.net/?di=7141295759315[/img:1pjqdelw]

uhm… “make” button? what? where?

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Looks like you are not running the most recent version of PacmanXG. Have you been updating your system regularly?

Best Regards,

• Solved.

It needs scrot installed to show ‘make’ button.

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• I got the make button but it won’t upload it.

Everytime I take a screenshot of an app, I get this error
    [img:id17iul5]http://www.imagesup.net/?di=114130430426[/img:id17iul5]

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

Posts 8Views 1062